I Published a product as an Indicator but gets installed as an Expert

Hi,

I just published a product as an Indicator:

But it gets installed in MT4 Experts Market folder:

I have contacted the Service Desk. But I got a message that they will get back to me and they only deal with financial issues.

Just wondering if anyone else has faced this issue. And how I might fix it.

Thanks.

I deleted it. Restarted MT4. And re-installed using MT4 market directly.

And it seems to install correctly now:

Not sure what the issue was. But first time I had tried installing from mql5 website.

Hello,

Facing the same issue, is it a know error from mql4? Did you got any feedback? 

Thanks in advance

Haidar, Lionel Haj Ali #:

Hello,

Facing the same issue, is it a know error from mql4? Did you got any feedback? 

Thanks in advance

It maybe the error made by the coder/seller (the tool/indicator/EA was written in the old style, and more).
Some different but similar cases were discribed on this thread:

I downloaded EA from the Market, but it was placed in script directory, what to do?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/296748

EAs that are enough to buy in the MQL5 market, EA is automatically installed into the script directory during installation.
EAs that are enough to buy in the MQL5 market, EA is automatically installed into the script directory during installation.
  • www.mql5.com
As the title says, copying the EA to the EA installation directory is also not available. Please ask the moderator to help answer...

Sergey Golubev #:

It maybe the error made by the coder/seller (the tool/indicator/EA was written in the old style, and more).
Some different but similar cases were discribed on this thread:

I downloaded EA from the Market, but it was placed in script directory, what to do?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/296748

Hello, 

Thanks for the help, can you give me more details what does "old language" mean? If I understood well it is when using old function to create your Indicator or EA. In my case, I created the indicator from metatrader 4 editor, started as new file, two functions are there by default and I used them OnInit and OnCalcualte. 

Is there any guide explaining the old vs new language? 

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Lio

Haidar, Lionel Haj Ali #:

Hello, 

Thanks for the help, can you give me more details what does "old language" mean? If I understood well it is when using old function to create your Indicator or EA. In my case, I created the indicator from metatrader 4 editor, started as new file, two functions are there by default and I used them OnInit and OnCalcualte. 

Is there any guide explaining the old vs new language? 

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Lio

Example -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Any question novice, so as not to litter the forum. Pros, do not pass by. Without you nowhere - 6.

Konstantin Erin , 2017.11.16 06:02

instead of calling the start function, call the required function

In new builds, instead of start, other names are more fashionable: OnTick in the Expert Advisor, OnCalculate in the Indicator and OnStart in the Script

Reason: