Create groups and communicate with fellow traders in the updated Chat - page 2

Ahmet Metin Yilmaz #: one more spammer...!! I didn't subscribe to the channel so why should I confirm unsubscribing? Nonsense. He also doesn't let me write anything on the channel, he can just keep posting whatever he wants to the end.I have the freedom to change channels even in the TV commercial.
I believe you can now report it on the following multi-lingual thread: Spammers, private message spam, discussion spam, feedback spam

MetaQuotes:

We have updated the MQL5.com Chat to further enhance the user conversation experience. Check out the new service interface and updated functions, such as the revised friending logic. Create groups on financial topics, join existing channels, discuss current issues with fellow traders in group chats and contact specific users through personal messages.

The following messaging types are available:

Chats for one-to-one conversations. Chats provide a fast and efficient way to contact your colleagues or partners, as well as to share documents, links and files.

Groups for group discussions, in which any member can post messages. Groups are perfect for discussing trading ideas or market situations, for sharing knowledge with novice traders and for seeking advice from more experienced market participants.

Channels for broadcasting messages to audiences. Only channel authors and administrators can post messages and manage such chats. You can join existing channels to follow trading and markets news feeds and stay up to date with the latest developments. Also, you can create your own feed to share useful information with your subscribers. Furthermore, you can commercialize your channel by making it private using the invite-only functionality.

Access conversations and post messages via the MQL5.community website and MetaTrader terminals or download the MQL5 Channels messenger for iOS. This separate fully featured application minimizes traffic consumption when using chats.

Check out the updated MQL5.com Chat right now: create your own group or channel.

Create your Group Chat or Channel

Creating Groups is fine, but you must still implement the possibility to delete a group which is no longer in use.

Martin Nicholson #:
Creating a group is fine, but it's still not possible to delete one, when it's no longer used !

I have deleted your new topic (replicated below)

Martin Nicholson #:
Can someone please tell me how to delete a chat group? I opened an MT4 chat group many years ago and have tried everything possible to get it deleted, without success.

It seems one can create a group without a problem, add and delete members, but remove the group when it's no longer in use? Has anyone ever managed this?

Thanks!

You haven't had a satisfactory answer because obviously nobody who reads the forum knows.

Keep repeating your posts will not be likely to get an answer.

Contact service desk with your issue.

Contact Us
Contact Us
  • www.mql5.com
Send your messages and see the history of your requests to the mql5.com support team even if you are not registered on the website.

Bongani nyathi #: How to make a paid group or channel ?

I believe that MetaQuotes may eventually offer such a service but not at the moment. So you would have to use an external means of managing the subscription payments yourself.

Bongani nyathi #:
How?
At another website - and if you advertise here you will probably be banned.

Lucien Ngani #:
How to make paid group or channel? How

It's not possible yet.

Gabisto Ditirwa #:
How to make paid group or channel ?

Read above please!

It's not possible yet.

How to prevent people from adding you to groups without your permission? This is quite irritating being added to random groups almost daily without my consent. 

In the settings the setting to allow people too add you is connected to allowing people to contact you so if I set it to no one then that also means no one can contact me. This setting should be split so people can still contact me, but no one will be able to add me to groups without permission. 

Dustin Vlok #:How to prevent people from adding you to groups without your permission? This is quite irritating being added to random groups almost daily without my consent. In the settings the setting to allow people too add you is connected to allowing people to contact you so if I set it to no one then that also means no one can contact me. This setting should be split so people can still contact me, but no one will be able to add me to groups without permission. 

Many users agree with you, but sadly MetaQuotes has not given us an option so far ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Split rights in mql5 profile section

Daniel Stein, 2022.08.24 12:44

Dear mql5 admins,

Since there is an option to create channels, spam and unwanted advertising have become a massive issue on this platform.

I know there is a right where we can avoid that, but that's not practicable for product publishers like us.

We want to be available via private messages for ALL users to answer questions about our products, so setting this parameter to "only friends" is not practicable.

My request is to separate the right to text someone from the right to add someone to groups and channels into two separate options.

In this way, we can allow everyone to contact us via private message and prohibit being added to every spam channel appearing on mql5.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Daniel

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Split rights in mql5 profile section

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.08.24 13:11

I second this request, and would even go further.

Just as we have “Friend Requests” that we need to acknowledge, then so too should channels get the same treatment, where we also have to acknowledge “Channel Invitation Requests” and not that it automatically adds us to channels.

We should be able to set an option in the settings to control this invitation as “Pending”, “Always Decline”, or “Always Accept”, and this should be separate from the Private Messaging.

I would also like to request the ability to “block” certain users from sending us “Private Messages”, because of SPAM or for personal reasons.

Note to Admin! @MetaQuotes

In my profile settings I have "Who can text me and add me to groups/channels" set to "My Friends".

Yet, I am still being added to Groups by "non-friends" without my consent.

What is the use of having this privacy settings if it does not have any effect?

Reason: