Spam Messages and Channel Subscriptions

Hi,

Is there any way to stop people forcing their channel on you as a subscription?

I had "Modern profitable indicators and EA" force subscribe me last night, I never asked for it, and have no interest in its contents.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Robert Gerald Wood:

Hi,

Is there any way to stop people forcing their channel on you as a subscription?

I had "Modern profitable indicators and EA" force subscribe me last night, I never asked for it, and have no interest in its contents.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

No you can't (as far as I know), you have to unsubscribe each time you are invited.

Carl Schreiber #:
No you can't (as far as I know), you have to unsubscribe each time you are invited.

Thanks Carl,

I thought I might be missing a trick.

I can see that I can limit contact via the privacy options in my profile, but that would also stop customers messaging me questions.

Very vexing!

Robert Gerald Wood #:

Thanks Carl,

I thought I might be missing a trick.

I can see that I can limit contact via the privacy options in my profile, but that would also stop customers messaging me questions.

Very vexing!

Don't forget the terminal, the language MQl4/5, the editor, the quotes the strategy tester and all the other stuff is free and it offers you to earn money yourself - it is a negligible inconvenience in view of that.

Robert Gerald Wood #: I thought I might be missing a trick. I can see that I can limit contact via the privacy options in my profile, but that would also stop customers messaging me questions. Very vexing!

It has been requested several times by different users, but there has been no response. Here is one such example ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Split rights in mql5 profile section

Daniel Stein, 2022.08.24 12:44

Dear mql5 admins,

Since there is an option to create channels, spam and unwanted advertising have become a massive issue on this platform.

I know there is a right where we can avoid that, but that's not practicable for product publishers like us.

We want to be available via private messages for ALL users to answer questions about our products, so setting this parameter to "only friends" is not practicable.

My request is to separate the right to text someone from the right to add someone to groups and channels into two separate options.

In this way, we can allow everyone to contact us via private message and prohibit being added to every spam channel appearing on mql5.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Daniel

Fernando Carreiro #:

It has been requested several times by different users, but there has been no response. Here is one such example ...

Good to know I'm not the only one, any way to vote that feature request up a bit @MetaQuotes Support?

Robert Gerald Wood #: Good to know I'm not the only one, any way to vote that feature request up a bit @MetaQuotes Support?

They don't seem to be interested in changing it, judging from threads on the Russian forum.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".
Reason: