Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Do you need a programmer? Make an order to let the developer find you!
Fer137
Fer137 2011.05.30 13:36 
How import/export csv history data in MT5 ?
Rashid Umarov
Admin
Rashid Umarov 2011.05.30 17:07  
You can save history data from menu File - MetaTrader 5 HelpUser InterfaceMain MenuFile:

File

Commands for working with charts, managing of profiles, storing of history data and charts are collected in this menu, as well as charts printing properties. The following commands are available in the menu:

Command

Description

New Chart

Open a new chart window for the symbol. When the command is executed, a list of financial symbols opened at the moment in the "Market Watch" window will be opened. Selecting a symbol from the list one can open its chart.

Open Offline

Open the submenu of deleted charts for restoration. Deleted charts are stored if "Save deleted charts to reopen" is enabled in the terminal settings. All templates of deleted charts are stored in the /Profiles/Deleted directory. When this command is executed, these templates are called and the corresponding chart is opened. Any template of deleted charts can be deleted using the corresponding command in this menu.

Profiles

Open the submenu for managing profiles. Profiles can be saved or deleted from this submenu, as well as previously stored ones can be downloaded.

Close

Close the currently active chart.

Save

Save

Save history data of the current chart as a text file in "CSV", "PRN" or "HTM" format;

Fer137
Fer137 2011.05.30 20:09  
Rosh:
You can save history data from menu File - MetaTrader 5 HelpUser InterfaceMain MenuFile:

Thanks.  But i need import csv data, no only export. I do not see the option to import.

BTW, MT5 historical data in 1Minute are currently many holes. (Jumps of 1H or 1D in years previous to 2011).   This happens in metaquotes server and some brokers servers.

Fer137
Fer137 2011.05.30 21:05  

Fer137:

Thanks.  But i need import csv data, no only export. I do not see the option to import. 

BTW, MT5 historical data in 1Minute are currently many holes. (Jumps of 1H or 1D in years previous to 2011).   This happens in metaquotes server and some brokers servers.

Years in MT5 

(That with "maxbars-in-charts" 1000000 or unlimited) 

And hcs in tester/../history 

Imagine testing 1Minute with those files.

Import csv is necessary in many situations (cfd's,  etc.). But even more with this history data.

The MT5 Tester has features strikingly good. You have to solve these basic details.

Rashid Umarov
Admin
Rashid Umarov 2011.05.31 13:02  
It is not allowed neither to import your own history nor to create your own Symbol.

mstandifer
mstandifer 2011.08.15 06:29  

Rosh, I would like to ask why this will not be allowed.

How else will we load complete data sets for periods not otherwise available for backtesting?

Or if the current data has holes in it...

Or will you still be able to just put in your own history data folders like in MT4?

/
To add comments, please log in or register