Sellers and the support - page 2

Ok so now I am trolling...incredible.

Anyway thanks for confirming by your attitude and answers I am perfectly right about what I wrote.

Jan Flodin:

A year ago I added a comment (same text) to 6 of my products. It was just text about that I will be on vacation for 2 weeks. Since I did it within a short time interval Metaquotes banned me for a month claiming me as a spammer. I know that they have some robot detecting these things automatically. In my case it was obviously not spam. I added a post on the forum to get some help how to be unbanned and guess what,  a moderator asked me to contact an admin. Something which unfortunately is not possible. I just had to accept a limited account (not being able to add new product, updates, edit blogs etc.) for a month.

That is indeed a problem. It has happened to me as well.

We have many customers and we are supposed to support them. We reply by chat or to indicator comments. Then if we write 5+ chats or comments in a short period of time, we are automatically banned and have to contact the service desk and are blocked for weeks with our customers. Then customers are upset and say we have no support and write bad reviews!

I have hundreds of friend requests in my profile that I don't accept or answer because I am afraid that I will be automatically banned after 5 clicks!

Please advise the responsible admins to make at least a less strong filter for sellers with, say, 1000 sales or so. I have 5000+. It should be easy to program on the website. And give us some information what are the limits.

Best regards Bernhard

Jan Flodin:

The main issue as I personally see it, is the bulletproof (non existing) channel for us sellers and moderators to communicate with admins regarding market and product issues. I know that the rules are available for us and well explained. But sometimes there are still things which are unclear and which you need to ask about in order not to get banned later. The sellers here have to stay tight 24/7 to answer questions from buyers but metaquotes, who get a 20% commisson for each sold product, is somehow non existing for the sellers in terms of support. This is really a disturbing fact.

I have one example regarding how the rules are controlled. A year ago I added a comment (same text) to 6 of my products. It was just text about that I will be on vacation for 2 weeks. Since I did it within a short time interval Metaquotes banned me for a month claiming me as a spammer. I know that they have some robot detecting these things automatically. In my case it was obviously not spam. I added a post on the forum to get some help how to be unbanned and guess what,  a moderator asked me to contact an admin. Something which unfortunately is not possible. I just had to accept a limited account (not being able to add new product, updates, edit blogs etc.) for a month.

The exact same thing happened to me. A while ago I posted a comment on all my products and was banned for one month for spamming. I tried contacting moderators in the forum asking for help, but was blocked from doing it, so the only option was to contact service desk. After 1 week they finally replied to me and said that writing the same comment multiple times is considered a spam even if I am the author and developer of the products. So basically even if I'm the author I can be considered as spamming my own products? Its ridiculous.

Mql5 admin/support need to have something that better filters out their spam as their current bot is way too strict and does not see when it is the author or someone else writing comments. Now because of this spam bot I can't post the same comment on my products or I will get banned again.

I also think they need to have more options of contacting service desk as the current options are very limited. Mql5 is making enough money from us to invest in having a better customer service desk for their sellers and buyers. As sellers who they are receiving a very healthy commission from its the least they can do if they actually gave a flying fudge.

Hello, I am unable to  update the description on one of my old products. After editing the description and I click "save" it reverts to its old description.

I then decided to hide it from the market to see whether that will sort the issue but to no avail. Now I cannot  update the product description according to the new guidelines neither can I show the product on the market. I get the error "product restore prohibited" ........Please assist.

Hi everyone. I'd like to ask if there is a forum here to discuss or report fraudulent / scam brokers?
I have been investing with a broker, but it seems like there had been a few reasons given now why money cannot be released. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

Raymond Lau #:
Hi everyone. I'd like to ask if there is a forum here to discuss or report fraudulent / scam brokers?
I have been investing with a broker, but it seems like there had been a few reasons given now why money cannot be released. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

This forum (and mql5 internet portal) has nothing to do with any brokers, any trading accounts and any money for trading.
We are discussing Metatrader as the software program here. And the discussions about the brokers are prohibited on the forum.

---------------- 

What to do?

• You can contact the regulating authority of your broker (and/or governmental regulating authority in your country) and find a lawyer. Because it is always the legal issues and legal situations related to the broker you selected, the broker was licensed or not in your country, which agreement you signed with them, and more.

• Alternatively, if you feel bad related to your choice of the broker (if you do not know about your broker anything and worry for your money with your broker) so - find internet forums (use google to find) which are specializing on the discussion about the brokers (incl reviewing them and helping with some cases for example). You can go to those forums and ask their advice. Search google with "forex forum brokers discussion" and especially with "forexpeacearmy forum brokers discussion". Find those forums and ask their advice.

---------------- 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How do I withdraw money now?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2022.05.04 21:00

This has been discussed many times before, you should have been more careful with your choice of broker.

There are many well known, regulated brokers out there with good reviews to choose from.

Metaquotes licences their software to thousands of brokers for client use, they are not financial police.

If someone kills with a knife, it is not the fault of the knife factory.

Alain Verleyen #:

The post from @Jan Flodin was not about moderators. It's about Metaquotes support this THEIR customers. We, as sellers, are paying a high commission, in exchange of services. The problems are :

• The support from Metaquotes, for real issues, from serious sellers, is close to 0.
  • The communication of Metaquotes is the worst I have ever seen in my life. Like management by obscurity from the middle-age.
  • There is no channel for discussion among serious, professional sellers (coders and/or traders) and Metaquotes.
  • There are big and serious issues which should be known by all sellers. But Metaquotes is totally irresponsible. They hide things, they delete posts which they don't like.

All of this is obvious for any one dealing with Metaquotes, I am sure there will not be 1 post able to say something else with serious arguments.

You can delete my post if you want Sergey. But think seriously about it before doing it. I am really fed up by Metaquotes and to be treated as a number and a moron which doesn't know anything.

well said

All the posts I've read in this thread are totally on point. There is a hallucinating robot at the helm of MQL5 for sellers to deal with. That bot spaced out and changed my last name to "Xbihiaijtriifazaibii" upon registering as a seller. I web chatted with the bot which sent a message to the Service Desk. Although someone (or something) corrected my name, my newfound partnership with MQL5 was already off to a rough start. Then, the hallucinating bot banned me for a week for posting a link to my product in a Codebase forum where traders were begging to use it in exhange for a fee. Interestingly, Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines spam as unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places. Obviously, posting a single link to a commercial product in a forum where traders are asking to buy it is totally solicited by those traders and therefore, not spam.

The bot canceled the ban at midnight, Cyprus time, last night. I promptly hid my products from the MQL5 Market upon logging in. Ashamedly, I only now researched the Market's reputation. It has a "poor" rating on TrustPilot with 2 of 5 stars, and 1 of 5 starts on ForexPeaceArmy, at over 100 reviews and over 1000 reviews, respectively.

It's worth mentioning that Cyprus in a member of the Hague Service Convention, and that US class actions are generally exempt from private arbitration. The identities of reviewers on any website can fairly easily be discovered by way a service of a subpoena duces tecum.

In any event, I have serious reservations about continuing to be associated with such a "Market."

Ryan L Johnson
Ryan L Johnson
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Ryan L Johnson #:
... There is a hallucinating robot at the helm of MQL5 for sellers to deal with ...
The forum users can create the tickets in the service desk using the following way (the robot will do it) - post  
and the validated sellers know about it.

The promotion of the Market products is prohibited on the forum and on CodeBase.
The sellers can promote their product on the blogs and in their profiles here.

As to promotion so there are some ideas about it - post (+ twitter and facebook and some more). 

For information.

How to Start with Metatrader 5 - How to trade asctrend manually with a MT5 statement and the Theory of AsctrendND EA.
How to Start with Metatrader 5 - How to trade asctrend manually with a MT5 statement and the Theory of AsctrendND EA.
  • www.mql5.com
The history of the development and the meaining of asctrend asctrend system vs braintrading system: pros and cons   asctrend indicator in mt5 codebase  trading on open bar' and 'trading on close bar' concept   re-enter: practical example about how to trade asctrend manually with re-enter options

Sergey Golubev #:

The promotion of the Market products is prohibited on the forum and on CodeBase.

The sellers can promote their product on the blogs and in their profiles here.

Respectfully, the hallucinating bot seems to have misinterpreted Section II(16) of the Rules of Using the Market Service:

"The Seller shall not use spam to promote Products on the Market both on www.mql5.com website and via third-party services."

Although I have an ABA accredited law degree, a person shouldn't need one to determine what "spam" is. Once again, posting a single commercial link in a single coding forum where multiple traders have requested the product for a fee is not spam.

Perhaps I have missed the definition of spam in the Rules? If so, please kindly direct me to it.

Reason: