Off-topic posts - page 17

Hi! I am totally new to MT platforms. No experience whatsoever. I just downloaded MT5 and am trying to figure it out. This is the first platform I have tried to use that is not totally functional right out of the box, so to speak. I know it is popular so there must be some real advantages to it. Two of the best traders I am trying to follow use this and their software runs on this only. So. If I want to follow them and take advantage of their creations, I need to set this up correctly.

My problem is that while I have had relatively extensive programming experience in the past, it has been quite a while. More importantly, I do not want to program! I do not have the time to review and relearn programming in any language, and I do not have any interest in investing hours in puzzling through code just to make the platform work. Unfortunately from what I have seen, I will need some programming expertise just to connect up and make the platform useful.

Currently I have accounts with StreetSmart Edge, TC2000, TradeStation, Fidelity Active Trader, Interactive Brokers, and TastyTrades. All these are functional, but I am in the process of narrowing this list down to two or three at the most, plus MT5. As I said, as I write this, I get nothing from MT5. First, I would like to connect this to a broker's server, because that seems essential. None of the brokers I listed above have servers listed in the MT5 brokers to connect to.

If I can get past step one, maybe I can make progress, but as of now, I can't trade futures, equities, options or anything except FOREX, but that is now what I want to do. Can ANYONE help me connect to some brokerage that will enable me to do more than FOREX. I am not a stupid person; I've proven that enough times in my life - but I feel really stupid now. Any help sincerely appreciated!

clothos3:

Hi! I am totally new to MT platforms. No experience whatsoever. I just downloaded MT5 and am trying to figure it out. This is the first platform I have tried to use that is not totally functional right out of the box, so to speak. I know it is popular so there must be some real advantages to it. Two of the best traders I am trying to follow use this and their software runs on this only. So. If I want to follow them and take advantage of their creations, I need to set this up correctly.

My problem is that while I have had relatively extensive programming experience in the past, it has been quite a while. More importantly, I do not want to program! I do not have the time to review and relearn programming in any language, and I do not have any interest in investing hours in puzzling through code just to make the platform work. Unfortunately from what I have seen, I will need some programming expertise just to connect up and make the platform useful.

Currently I have accounts with StreetSmart Edge, TC2000, TradeStation, Fidelity Active Trader, Interactive Brokers, and TastyTrades. All these are functional, but I am in the process of narrowing this list down to two or three at the most, plus MT5. As I said, as I write this, I get nothing from MT5. First, I would like to connect this to a broker's server, because that seems essential. None of the brokers I listed above have servers listed in the MT5 brokers to connect to.

If I can get past step one, maybe I can make progress, but as of now, I can't trade futures, equities, options or anything except FOREX, but that is now what I want to do. Can ANYONE help me connect to some brokerage that will enable me to do more than FOREX. I am not a stupid person; I've proven that enough times in my life - but I feel really stupid now. Any help sincerely appreciated!

You started be posting an off-topic post in this thread. Please pay more attention to that in the future.

You don't need programming expertise to run and use MT5. Certainly not to start and trade. If later you need some custom tools, and don't want to code, you can just hire someone in the Freelance service.

Of course you need a broker to start using MT5, we can't advertise on this forum, but you could find useful information on this topic to help you with that point.

After that, you will need to do your homework, there are a lot of useful resources on this site.

Which Stock Brokers offer MetaTrader 5 platform?
Which Stock Brokers offer MetaTrader 5 platform?
  • www.mql5.com
Which Stock Brokers offer MetaTrader 5 platform? Anybody know...

I need help I did paid for rent   a trading robot but i dont know where to start

Someone please help me out as i Placed a request of withdrawl on my metatrader5 account i didnot recieve any money and its been a week and now when ever i am trying to login into my real account it is showing authorisation failed please help me out

Is someone using MasterCard withdrawals? Does that work for example with Skrill cards? 

How to import account history in MT4 from CSV? 

How to get buffer number in MT5?

I'm trying to get the buffers used by a market indicator  in order to develop an EA based on iCustom and that indicator's buffers. 

I've tried 0 and 1, 2 and 3, 3 and 4 and so on, just trying values because the data window doesnt show which buffers are in use. Thanks

Hey, Thank you for sharing this solution But, How can I integrate it in my website. Can you guide me regarding this?

Practice for:
Hey, Thank you for sharing this solution But, How can I integrate it in my website. Can you guide me regarding this?
Off-topic.

Searched thousands of google pages, forums with different keywords for this...finally found to help with my EA (MT4)... If anyone could help me to adjust the code a bit, Please

I want to close the open positions on a pair just 1 minute before the candle close, 15m or 1hr so on.

Thanks a lot

Reason: