MT4 cannot load EA.ex4 - page 2

Papaprcyde:

So i tried to add an EA to my MT4. I opened my metaeditor and clicked on experts, in the experts folder there were two other folders titled 'advisors' and 'examples'. I copied it to advisors, restarted my MT4 and still cannot access it on my navigator panel. The files are titled ex4. and mq4. but did not pop up despite the other default advisors appearing. I really need help.

Note: Every site i checked for help online does not have a drop down menu with 'advisors' and 'examples' under 'experts', they just have one folder 'experts advisors'.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

You are off-topic. This topic is about an ex4 from the Market, which is available in the navigator.

Your problem is completely different. Check the following :

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MLQ5 EA files downloading to wrong folder.

Alain Verleyen, 2020.04.16 19:46

1. You don't need to restart MT5 to refresh the Navigator. Right-click inside the Navigator window and click Refresh in the popup menu.

2. You problem is most likely that your MT5 is launched with in "portable" mode while your MetaEditor is not. Or the reverse. On both program, use File->Open Data Folder and check the path. If they differ it's a "portable"mode issue.

This is a MT5 comment, but it works exactly the same for MT4.

I have similar issue, I have an auto trading application which works on meta trader 4, when I click on download application the wizard comes up but it won't work, it says c;/ programs isn't a valid root directory, anybody have any ideas please, thank you

Hi im using an expert and was working fine until yesterday, I run it on a VPS and now it uploads but instead of running I get this error.

2021.07.27 14:02:41.152 cannot open file 'C:\Hosting\instances\AC0BE3CF85784E540E546BDF4FF7EA70\MQL4\Experts\GODMODE 11.ex4' [2]

The strangest part is older experts work fine but if i recompile them they also stop working any help will be much appreciated.

Jokershaggy:

Hi im using an expert and was working fine until yesterday, I run it on a VPS and now it uploads but instead of running I get this error.

2021.07.27 14:02:41.152 cannot open file 'C:\Hosting\instances\AC0BE3CF85784E540E546BDF4FF7EA70\MQL4\Experts\GODMODE 11.ex4' [2]

The strangest part is older experts work fine but if i recompile them they also stop working any help will be much appreciated.

Reason: