Getting Started??

Downloaded the MT5 platform on my PC, I'm trying to access US stock market data. I've searched the web for the how-to's and all of them say to go to the symbols list under marketwatch. But I'm not seeing a list of markets as opposed to what is being shown in these how-to guides for getting stock chart data. 

UPLOADED: 2 images

- The first is an image from one of these how-to guides

- The second is what I am seeing in my MT5 trading platform. I seem to be lacking any and all markets under the symbols section.

Getting very frustrating, any help is much appreciated!  :)

I am not able to see the bonds in my mt5 demo account?
I am not able to see the bonds in my mt5 demo account?
  • www.mql5.com
I was wondering what I needed to do to add bonds and futures to my mt5 account it is only showing me forex pairs nothing else...

Sergey Golubev:

The symbols depend on the broker.

Thank you for this information, I was able to create a demo through one of the brokers and I can now see some stocks. (Hooray!!)

Where do I start if I am trying to get into automated trading? Is there a scripting language I should learn?

24101800:

Thank you for this information, I was able to create a demo through one of the brokers and I can now see some stocks. (Hooray!!)

Where do I start if I am trying to get into automated trading? Is there a scripting language I should learn?

There is thread with same question: mq4 or mq5?
As to how/where to start so look at the post  #1072 (I collected the important information incl for autotrading).
mq4 or mq5?
mq4 or mq5?
  • www.mql5.com
i will learn the mql programming it's better that i learn mq4 or mq5 programming what is your suggestion...

Actually i deposit the money just to to trading.i also make the account on your software also meta trader 5.that is demo account.i thought that after adding amount at website this amount will also be added in my trading acount but that doesent happen.plzz do something.i borrowed this money from friend to do trading.but now nothing happening.plz help me to use this money for trading or withdraw my money.plzz plzz

Faisalayub:
Actually i deposit the money just to to trading.i also make the account on your software also meta trader 5.that is demo account.i thought that after adding amount at website this amount will also be added in my trading acount but that doesent happen.plzz do something.i borrowed this money from friend to do trading.but now nothing happening.plz help me to use this money for trading or withdraw my money.plzz plzz
You confused MQL5 forum/portal account with trading account proposed by the brokers.
If you mistakenly deposity some money to your forum profile - write to the service desk asking their advice.