Unable to send messages

Please can a moderator or someone help me. I keep having issues with messages.

I was sending messages to people who left reviews to a signal service that I am interested in and suddently if I type in a text and send it the text simply disappears. Can someone help? I don't know what it could be but now it won't let me send new messages or reply to existing ones.

Have I been banned or something?

@Eleni Anna Branou perhaps you are able to help as a moderator, please.

As I see - you are not banned.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Unable to send private messages + website is laggy

Sergey Golubev, 2019.12.08 06:22

I have the sending button/arrow in all 3 places where we are able to send the PMs:

on the forum (in the top right corner of the forum page) -

in profile -

in Metatrader -

Sergey Golubev:

As I see - you are not banned.

Hello Sergey,

I have the arrow but when I press it the message doesn't get sent, it simply disappears like I never typed it

samiracaruso:

Hello Sergey,

I have the arrow but when I press it the message doesn't get sent, it simply disappears like I never typed it

It may be something wrong with your computer/OS/Windows/etc.
You can try all 3 ways to send PM (using the forum on the top right corner; your profile; Metatrader).

--------------

I know one situation when the user may be banned because of PM messages:
anti-spam robot may ban the user if he was sending several similar messages by PM in short period of time.
"several same messages" means the following: similar text messages to some users by PM within some short period of time.
But when anti-spam machine/robot is banning so the users (and we all) know about it (because it is usual ban).

And as I see - you are not banned (because banned users can not name a post on the forum).
And if you are not banned (and you are not banned) so you can send PM messages.

Sergey Golubev:

It may be something wrong with your computer/OS/Windows/etc.
You can try all 3 ways to send PM (using the forum on the top right corner; your profile; Metatrader).

--------------

I know one situation when the user may be banned because of PM messages:
anti-spam robot may ban the user if he was sending several similar messages by PM in short period of time.
"several same messages" means the following: similar text messages to some users by PM within some short period of time.
But when anti-spam machine/robot is banning so the users (and we all) know about it (because it is usual ban).

And as I see - you are not banned (because banned users can not name a post on the forum).
And if you are not banned (and you are not banned) so you can send PM messages.

I did however send similar messages cause I just wanted an update since they first reviewd the product so I didn't see a point in customising all the messages, so that's why I thought I might've been banned. But you said I can't be banned cause I opened a post... I did however try all three methods and the same happens: messages disappear, so I don't know what else it could be. What do you do to get un-banned? I wasn't spamming people, I was asking for information, I even got replies...

samiracaruso:
I did however send similar messages cause I just wanted an update since they first reviewd the product so I didn't see a point in customising all the messages, so that's why I thought I might've been banned. But you said I can't be banned cause I opened a post... I did however try all three methods and the same happens: messages disappear, so I don't know what else it could be. What do you do to get un-banned? I wasn't spamming people, I was asking for information, I even got replies...

You are not banned.
I mean - I as moderator see the following: you are not banned.
read this small thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/295019

Strikethrough profile names on MQL5
Strikethrough profile names on MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
What does it mean to have a profile name with the strikethrough on this site...

Sergey Golubev:

You are not banned.
I mean - I as moderator see the following: you are not banned.
read this small thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/295019

Thank you Sergey,

Any suggestion on what to do next then?

Thank you for your help

I know that the user may be banned from the services (from Freelance and so on) without strikethrough on their usernames.
But I do not know about any special ban from PM messages only.

All I know is the following: banning from PM messages is the usual ban
(usual ban = we all see your username with the strikethrough; and you can not post on the forum).

And as I see - you are not banned.

Sergey Golubev:

I know that the user may be banned from the services (from Freelance and so on) without strikethrough on their usernames.
But I do not know about any special ban from PM messages only.

All I know is the following: banning from PM messages is the usual ban
(usual ban = we all see your username with the strikethrough; and you can not post on the forum).

And as I see - you are not banned.

Who should I contact to get this fixed? On the contact page the options are very limited...

samiracaruso:

Thank you Sergey,

Any suggestion on what to do next then?

Thank you for your help

Change computer, or restart router to get the other IP address (if you are on dynamic IP), wait for one day, restart PC ...

It may be something wrong with your PC/OS/etc, or it is new forum restriction (banned from PM only) which I do not know about.

samiracaruso:
Who should I contact to get this fixed? On the contact page the options are very limited...
This is the link to the service desk (https://www.mql5.com/en/contact) but they are dealing with financial issues only.
By the way, if it is something wrong with your computer/Windows/etc so no one will fix .. because you are the first user (the only one) who reported on the forum about "banning from PM only"..).
Reason: