Can you become promoted on MQL5?

Does MQL5 offer the opportunity to become a promoted seller/listing at all?

I saw an email that went out today that had a few listings and I wondered if they were random items or if they were selected for a reason.

Paul Bratby:

Does MQL5 offer the opportunity to become a promoted seller/listing at all?

I saw an email that went out today that had a few listings and I wondered if they were random items or if they were selected for a reason.

The one with the newest products

They also post on their official twitter account when something new is uploaded

No it was the one under the best sellers.

But when I went into the marketplace to see them, they weren't on the first page

Paul Bratby:

No it was the one under the best sellers.

But when I went into the marketplace to see them, they weren't on the first page

I am not exactly sure ... but it may be related to rotation.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mql5 sponsored sellers

Sergey Golubev, 2020.12.27 06:26

It is rotation.

Yes, automatically, and it is rotation.
Because if one group of sellers occupied the first page of the Market so it is not good, and there is rotation with new sellers/products and with  popular/old sellers/products).
Algorithm of this automatic rotation is not disclosed.

I published the posts of admins on this thread with more explanation: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/358643 

Is it allowed to promote or advertise product using profile or news feed tab. If so how often can one post the advertisement in the "what's new" space in profile in  a day? Is it also allowed to use link to the product being promoted?

Taofeek Bello:
Is it allowed to promote or advertise product using profile or news feed tab. If so how often can one post the advertisement in the "what's new" space in profile in  a day? Is it also allowed to use link to the product being promoted?

You can do whatever you want in your feed the mql5 feed has no filtration algorithm (i assume).Dont overpost though.

Lorentzos Roussos:

You can do whatever you want in your feed the mql5 feed has no filtration algorithm (i assume).Dont overpost though.

Thanks for your answer. Please, how can one overpost in news feed?

Taofeek Bello:

Thanks for your answer. Please, how can one overpost in news feed?

If you (if we) post similar or same messages in news feed in very short period of time so anti-spamming automated robot can ban you.

I know some users who made 5 posts within 15 seconds, and posts were similar ones and they were banned by machine (after that - they wrote to me about - "please, lift my banning .."). We call it auto-ban.

I mean: some sellers are promoting their products/signals on their profile (and it is allowed). But when they are making "over-promotion" so it may be the problem ..

Sergey Golubev:
If you (if we) post similar or same messages in news feed in very short period of time so anti-spamming automated robot can ban you.

I know some users who made 5 posts within 15 seconds, and posts were similar ones and they were banned by machine (after that - they wrote to me about - "please, lift my banning .."). We call it auto-ban.

I mean: some sellers are promoting their products/signals on their profile (and it is allowed). But when they are making "over-promotion" so it may be the problem ..

I really appreciate your useful response. Thanks.

Taofeek Bello:

I really appreciate your useful response. Thanks.

Is it allowed to use link to external website or app while writing description of product?

Reason: