Does MT4/5 pass my IP information to my broker

Hi

Does MT4/5 pass my device and network info to  my broker? Due to limited resources we're intending to use same network but the broker may block us if they detect same IP address. Your help is highly appreciated.  

Ask the broker about it.

Sergey Golubev #:
Ask the broker about it.

Hi

Does MT4/5 pass my device and network info to  my broker? Due to limited resources we're intending to use same network but the broker may block us if they detect same IP address. Your help is highly appreciated.  

Satum Shuwaysh K Alshammari #:

Hi

It depends on the broker's rule related to it.

For example, many users are having dynamic IP address.
I have dynamic IP address too (because I do not want to pay for static IP address in my home).
I mean: if I restart my router so my IP will be changed (from one city to an other one ... but I am still at my home ...).
And no one is banning me.

You can ask the broker about it (because it depends on the broker's rule).

When you launch the terminal, among other messages you see one like this:

2021.12.12 09:55:54.318 Network '123123': previous successful authorization performed from 123.123.123.123 on 2021.12.12 06:51:31

So yes, they have login history. They're however (IMHO) unlikely to ever look into IP addresses unless there's an 'unauthorized access situation' to solve.  Two persons using the same IP address should not be a problem if they have each their own bank account.

But if you want to be sure, of course you should tell the broker in advance.

yes broker know your ip address.

To hide you IP you can use VPN
For some countries, it's possible IP Address can be blocked

Elyas Zulkifli #:

To hide you IP you can use VPN
For some countries, it's possible IP Address can be blocked

only way is to use a vps. a vpn will break mt4, or create lag or cause multiple trades  to open if you use an ea. NEVER use a vpn for trading. dont be stupid.

Revo Trades #:

only way is to use a vps. a vpn will break mt4, or create lag or cause multiple trades  to open if you use an ea. NEVER use a vpn for trading. dont be stupid.

Lag yes only minor if your direct connection is fast to broker it might increase your connection speed in some cases instead of lag, multiple trades no never its wrong concept.

Reason: