Service Desk

Does anyone know if messages to the VPS service desk are monitored to help resolve issues with the paid for VPS renting service?

I have a successful migrating of EAs but a flat lining VPS CPU and no trades are being placed. 

Currently reverted back to local terminal.

No errors on VPS journal. DLLs disabled.

(This was with the VPS started/running)

Is it about MQL5 VPS?
If your EA is using dll (disabled dll or enabled dll) so this EA will not work with MQL5 VPS.
Besides, any error are written in VPS journal here (you can look at it by yourself).

As to the service desk so the service desk is mainly dealing with the financial issues.
And the forum thread should be opened in case of the possible bugs and any technical situation.

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details # Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk # Virtual Platform Logs # In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired...

Sergey Golubev:

Is it about MQL5 VPS?
If your EA is using dll (disabled dll or enabled dll) so this EA will not work with MQL5 VPS.
Besides, any error are written in VPS journal here (you can look at it by yourself).

As to the service desk so the service desk is mainly dealing with the financial issues.
And the forum thread should be opened in case of the possible bugs and any technical situation.

Thanks... Non of my EAs use DLLs. They work on MT4 locally with no DLLs. No Errors in the Journal either... It is the MQL5 VPS rented directly from the MT4 local app.

FH111:
Thanks... Non of my EAs use DLLs. They work on MT4 locally with no DLLs. No Errors in the Journal either... It is the MQL5 VPS rented directly from the MT4 local app.

If you migrated the open chart with EA attached so you can see the results on the journal (the location of the journal is here).
You can see everything on the journal - how it was migrated, when, which error related to the EA, how many charts were migrated, and so on.
Because people (and the service desk too) believe in the logs (if you told that your charts were sucessfully migrated so it should be written on the logs).

Because if no error in the VPS journal, and the chart(s) was migrated together with attached EA, and if no error for EA related to dll (and it should be written in the journal) so it is something with your EA. Because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is just a copy of your Metatrader in cloud.

------------

Some general information - in case you missed something):

• www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details # Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk # Virtual Platform Logs # In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired...

Thank you for your help...

I just noticed in the EA Journal... ERROR 4106 UNKNOWN SYMBOL EURUSD(?) when a position should be opened.

The exactly same EA’s are working locally but returning this error on the VPS.

I hope there is a simple fix for this?

Thanks

It is the following (according to documentation here):

ERR_CHART_CANNOT_CHANGE

Failed to change chart symbol and period

Your EA tried to change the symbol on the chart and chart period? Why?

I think - it is not related to VPS.
And I am not a coder (I can not fix anything in any EA).

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Runtime Errors
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Runtime Errors
  • www.mql5.com
The name of the custom symbol is invalid. The symbol name can only contain Latin letters without punctuation, spaces or special characters (may only contain ".", "_", "&" and "#"). It is not recommended to use characters , :, ", /,\, |, ?, *. The path of...
Reason: