removing an old EA's orphaned buttons from a chart

How can I remove orphaned buttons from a removed EA without using the EA that originally created them?

Please is there a script or something, its driving me bananas. cheers

In Metatrader terminal click on menu Charts, click on Object List (CTRL+B), click on List All, select all objects (CTRL+A), press Delete key

Fernando Morales:

In Metatrader terminal click on menu Charts, click on Object List (CTRL+B), click on List All, select all objects (CTRL+A), press Delete key

No that doesn’t remove them. These are buttons not normal chart objects. I believe buttons are not objects, they were introduced to my4 fairly recently. 

Te original EA has to clean up the chart when it is leaving by removing the objects in the OnDeinit() function.

If it doesn't do that and leaves objects on the chart it is a bad coding job unless it was specifically designed to leave some markers.

To write a script to clean up some other EA's junk may be the wrong approach but if the buttons use a prefix you can write a small script that deletes all buttons with that prefix in one go.

And please don't double post.

...or open a new chart

I originally saved the EA in the template I wanted, but now I dont need the EA but I want to use the template. 

I delete all the objects and I can’t see anything in the objects list pertaining to these buttons.
I don’t know coding for buttons, I want to remove them without having to build the template again from scratch.

The template is readable, sort of xml file. Remove the EA from the template with a text editor so it doesn't get loaded when opening the chart.

lippmaje:
The template is readable, sort of xml file. Remove the EA from the template with a text editor so it doesn't get loaded when opening the chart.
good idea, I will try it but not sure if it will work

Keep a backup just in case. Search for *.tpl and drag the file onto the editor. Post the content here if you're not sure what to do.

A quick fix is, change the EA name by appending XX or so, then save the file and restart the terminal, it shouldn't load with the template now.

1. Don't double post! You already had this thread open.
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum

2. Max:These are buttons not normal chart objects. I believe buttons are not objects, they were introduced to my4 fairly recently. 
    Build 600 five½ (5½) years ago. 2014.02.03

They are objects and they appear in the list. The List all button should have worked.

lippmaje:

Keep a backup just in case. Search for *.tpl and drag the file onto the editor. Post the content here if you're not sure what to do.

A quick fix is, change the EA name by appending XX or so, then save the file and restart the terminal, it shouldn't load with the template now.

Yes I found the object straight away in the tpl file and deleted them! Worked a treat. It was a good idea, I’ve had to do this sort of thing before to ammend instrument suffixes on profiles amd so on. Very good, thank you! They were not listed in the Objects list though.
Reason: