Unable to save horizontal lines/rectangles etc

I'm unable to save horizontal lines/rectangles etc. I've tried saving the template, saving profiles.

I've tried saving using a naked chart with no indicators on. I've tried deleting java temporary files and cache.

Nothing.

Driving me nuts, so if anyone has a solution i'd be very grateful.

Thank you.

kate

kate682:

I'm unable to save horizontal lines/rectangles etc. I've tried saving the template, saving profiles.

I've tried saving using a naked chart with no indicators on. I've tried deleting java temporary files and cache.

Nothing.

Driving me nuts, so if anyone has a solution i'd be very grateful.

Maybe you have an Indicator/EA running that has a ObjectsDeleteAll() call in the deinit() ? when you close MT4 and the chart closes deint() is called an removes all your Objects.

RaptorUK:
Maybe you have an Indicator/EA running that has a ObjectsDeleteAll() call in the deinit() ? when you close MT4 and the chart closes deint() is called an removes all your Objects.

I've tried saving lines/rectangles to a naked chart with no indicators on; same problem.

When i do have indicators on, if i drop down a time frame, the horizontal lines/ rectangles disappear also,

so I think you're right about an indicator running an 'objectsDeleteAll() .

How would i find out if there is an 'objectsDeleteAll() command hidden in one of the indicators.

However, I've got the same problem with a naked chart, so there might be another reason.

(I've also added back show in all timeframes under visualization and problem still occurs )

ps thank you :-)

kate682:

I've tried saving lines/rectangles to a naked chart with no indicators on.

When i do have indicators on, if i drop down a time frame, the horizontal lines/ rectangles disappear also,

so I think you're right about an indicator running an 'objectsDeleteAll() .

How would i find out if there is an 'objectsDeleteAll() command hidden in one of the indicators.

ps thank you :-)

Thank you RaptorUK. I've found it, it was in an indicator. Have attached the file below.

If anyone could help by deleting the offending code without altering the indicator I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks.

Katie

ObjectsDeleteAll() only applies to the chart the indicator is attached to.

SDC:

ObjectsDeleteAll() only applies to the chart the indicator is attached to.

Thanks SDC. Is there a way i can keep the indicator, but being able to draw horizontals & rectangles etc and they won't be deleted?

Or I'm I better off ditching the indicator all together.

Kate

Open the indicator in MetaEditor

delete the line: ObjectsDeleteAll();

click on compile

thats all you need to do but now the indicator may leave objects on the chart when you remove it.

If there is any problems with the new compiler giving errors when you do that post back here about it.

kate682:

Thank you RaptorUK. I've found it, it was in an indicator. Have attached the file below.

If anyone could help by deleting the offending code without altering the indicator I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks.

Katie

Hi, try this, it should work and will remove the comment as well

GumRai:

Hi, try this, it should work and will remove the comment as well

GumRai,

Thank you, this is very much appreciated.

Regards Kate

xx

Reason: