Can't Find Any Profitable EA on MQL5 in past 5 years. - page 4

Kenneth Parling:

I suggest this - start educate yourself by reading books about programming, join webinars or whatever you like.  get educated!  find educational material - the big question and more important, do you really wanna learn?

The big question is "Is it sufficient to learn or to be educated to make money on forex ?

There is no evidence of that.

Can you provide only one evidence ?

When I open this thread I get a name in the browser - Cowabunga Trading System. I didn't know what it is so looked it up and came across a site with free trade setups (I won't name it but google the phrase it's at the top.)

What about discussing setups like Cowabunga and polishing them for profitability - then maybe someday someone here will be able to shape it into an EA?

james-smith:
I have never found a EA which can work with 50% accuracy. What's your experience please share with us thanks.

EA's are created by Meta Quotes and this dream idea good if you using a little money to gain like $500 to $5000 or some peoples using $10k etc

Mostly Authors creates these EA with testing of short period and if in this period EA get success you can't suppose it for all seasons.

90% Traders here likes grid or martin trading only it can work for short time and better earn and exit otherwise loosing all a repeated story.

If you doing Stock Trading at large scale there these EA's can't work or Mostly EA's for Forex only, In large scale trading only a manual trading work and mostly large scale brokers don't use MT4/MT4 only new age brokers using this with age under 10 to 20 yrs only.

You asked accuracy it mostly belongs to Brokers and no one broker on your side all brokers offering big leverage and they want to you exit early. Brokers who claims they are True ECN it also false. Traders can understand all this with passing of time and 90% newbie traders loose early and they quits so only few traders survives and they survive only because of using low leverage like 1:10 to 1:30

These all are open facts, but you will see a lot philosophers who says leverage is good  means they will loose in short.

ffoorr:

The big question is "Is it sufficient to learn or to be educated to make money on forex ?

There is no evidence of that.

Can you provide only one evidence ?

I'm talking about the willing to learn programming and i obveously didn't make that clear! I didn't ment educate 'yourself' and you will make loads of money....there's no evidence what so ever i know of so no i can't give you that. Perhaps the strategy thats programmed may turn out to be in his/her(programmers) interest of being profitable but may not be to the public eyes. I think each individual got there on vision of whats a profitable strategy.

@OP

look hard, nothing is impossible.

Maria Mahomedally:

@OP

look hard, nothing is impossible.

exactly, nothing's impossible! Or hire a coder, provide the idea and take it from there.....It could turn out not to be as expected or it did work better out....who know's. Better die trying then die do nothing :)

1 simple moving average can be a good strategy if you know how to use it

traderfx13:
On the other hand if a seller would have a good, consistent profitable EA why would he sell it?  He can make millions with it in a short time.  That is a realistic dilemma to think about. 

traderfx13 hit the nail on the head.

Even if one can't make millions in no time it's something so unique that a smart coder/trader knows exactly this is priceless.
Sharing this with the crowd, at least as free demo test version inherits the risk that your code get's decompiled and your edge is gone.

Conversely, this means that any EA that can be found here is pretty useless and the publisher uses the naivety of the mql5 users to at least make some money with it by selling illusions.

I've been here since the beginning of the market and it's amazing how many money the so-called bestsellers make with a few backtest screenshots (EAs) and barely legal review methods (indicators).

Publishers hide useless products if they get caught and republish it again with a new name and new backtests.
MQL5.com is like the wild wild west and Metaquotes doesn't care because they get their fair share on every sale.

Just my experience and opinion after more than 5 years at mql5.

Conclusion: If you want a constantly profitable EA you have to develop it yourself.

All the best
Daniel

Conclusion: If you want a constantly profitable EA you have to develop it yourself.

thats it

Sergey Golubev:

There are Raw Ideas. It is the ideas about the following: attach indicators to the chart and see that it may be profitable.

There are Elaborated/Proven Ideas. It is when someone was trading this indicators' setup during the several days/or weeks/or months on demo account (and, in some cases - on real live account). I am not talking abouty backtesting. Raw idea became to be a Elaborated Idea by trading (at least - on demo).
Why to trade? To define the trading rules, and to know: when the system will let you win, and when you will lose by using this system (and why).

• Some people prefer to do it in public threads (raw idea - next is indicators uploaded to the thread - next: trading with one broker - trading with the other broker - next: elaborate the rules of the system - ask for coders), receive EA based on manual trading system (some coders may code for free using the public threads: some coders will never code for free ... up to them), optimize the settings, find the settings for some timeframes and more. And some people prefer to post/iupload everything on their public threads.
  • The other people are doing in privately (with no one can see it). In this case - he believes in his results and in his words such as "it is profitable EA, please use it", but we do not believe in his results and do not trust hin in general.
  • And the other people do not do anything. They just ask: "did you finish your great job here? did you spend your money to find the settings, did you spend your time to trade this manuall system on demo or live, right? So, for now - you should give this profitable EA to me and explain all your system to me (for free of course!".
Lol!!
I've been in the last 2 dots. Now I'll start a thread with my own idea to see if anyone, and myself too, can improve it (because my idea is only profitable sometimes).  Thnx, Sergey.
Reason: