signal blow ups - page 2

I understand that the markets are too hard, but it's sad what's going on ...

there are a lot of signals , indicators and EAs out there but 99% of them are failing in long term ,

because of emotional trading...

i have seen an account with even 1 million percent profit that finally failed becase of risky money management

if your reward to risk is less than 2 to 1 you will fail soon or late.

Chad Huffman:

I'm more and more convinced that mql signals are the target of a brokerage. or bank, or someone with a whole bunch of money. Everytime a signal reaches a fair amount of invested funds like 1millon or more it is systematically attacked and it quickly melts down. I've experienced this more than a few times unfortunately, a signal will have a great track record for several months even years and once it gains enough popularity and funds it's not long till death. It's happened more than enough to simply be a coincidence in my opinion.

I think it's in the mql organizations best interest to hide or otherwise not show how many subscribers or funds are allocated to any certain signal. It simply protects accounts from targeted money grabs, let users decide on a signal from it's track record not the amount of funds or popularity of it.

How do I suggest this to the powers that be?

big guys dont need to check signals section in mql5.com because they have access to real volumes of the market and know big  positions

with those details because most of them are market makers that connect most of market participant to the marketplace and provide liquidity for them.

The idea that someone is working against a signal in Forex is just preposterous. Nobody is going to move a semi-decentralized market with billions of EUR/USD just to stop-loss a few million USD of a specific signal.
How would they even benefit? It does not make sense at all! You can only benefit if you can control the price movement 100%, which no single party can in Forex.

As stated before, risky strategies, bad risk/reward ratio, revenge trading, leaving positions open to keep stats and praying the market will turn, faking stats using doggy brokers,... There are so many ways of blowing a signal which are not apparent in the beginning when things are going well.

Another major issue and also the reason why so many signals and EA's fail over time is that market conditions change and most traders are "stuck" in the pattern that "worked before", so they get confused when things start to go wrong, and they keep using their old methods, "because they worked before", not willing or not able to adjust to the new market conditions. And before they realize their mistake, the signal is blown.

That is the biggest hurdle for any successful strategy: adaptation. This is what separates the good traders from the mediocre ones.

If adaption wasn't an issue, we would all be running our "Holy Grail EA" and be millionaires by now... Last time I checked I am still missing some zero's on my trading account :D

That being said, I personally believe that MQL5 does too little to prevent bad signals.

They could implement so many features which would improve signal quality but I guess that would hurt revenue.

Dries R:

The idea that someone is working against a signal in Forex is just preposterous. Nobody is going to move a semi-decentralized market with billions of EUR/USD just to stop-loss a few million USD of a specific signal.
How would they even benefit? It does not make sense at all! You can only benefit if you can control the price movement 100%, which no single party can in Forex.

As stated before, risky strategies, bad risk/reward ratio, revenge trading, leaving positions open to keep stats and praying the market will turn, faking stats using doggy brokers,... There are so many ways of blowing a signal which are not apparent in the beginning when things are going well.

Another major issue and also the reason why so many signals and EA's fail over time is that market conditions change and most traders are "stuck" in the pattern that "worked before", so they get confused when things start to go wrong, and they keep using their old methods, "because they worked before", not willing or not able to adjust to the new market conditions. And before they realize their mistake, the signal is blown.

That is the biggest hurdle for any successful strategy: adaptation. This is what separates the good traders from the mediocre ones.

If adaption wasn't an issue, we would all be running our "Holy Grail EA" and be millionaires by now... Last time I checked I am still missing some zero's on my trading account :D

That being said, I personally believe that MQL5 does too little to prevent bad signals.

They could implement so many features which would improve signal quality but I guess that would hurt revenue.

completely agree with you

another way to make profit is that you can use the wave they create.

completely agree with you the only system will be consistently profitable that can working with every market conditions even flash crashes...

Simple

Probability of win 97%  -  win amount 5%

Probability of loss 3%  -  loss amount 90%.

Given an infinite amount of time/trades with these odds the losing trade will occur eventually and blow up the signal.

It's just a matter of luck if enough wins accumulate first to make a signal attractive. 

Brokers slippage may take 1-2 pips away and that's it. Is not the broker who forced an unrealistic stop loss or stop out.

Having spent hundreds of hours testing various EA's, the strategy of taking a few pips with a large stop loss always involves a sharp incline on the graph, with at some juncture, a massive drop back down. You can win 99.9% of trades but still go bust.

The truth is: on my opinion, EAs were created from big manipulators bad influencers. They expanded it in a way that so many traders are now being spied on. Most of the back testings are showing big profitability without stops, and off course martigale. Easy control, and actually another history on the real accounts accessing the real book of orders. Having a 50-60% of drawdown on the demo accounts, is definitely different than the real. On the real life you must be prepared to faceI a big battle with the market. There is a tendency that the market will force you to take decisions causing you more stress. By putting a lot of traders worldwide into this situation... more than 90% end up making psychological mistakes. If you could have a clue of where is the potential zone that could be most manipulated, example support and resistance where traders believe they have the best ratios so they increase lots... anyway, anyhow, price action will tell, and you have to know your technic well, and specially when things are not going well. 
I believe manual trades is the key. 
Reason: