Different data at different brokers

Hi All,

I´m pretty new to this platform and Forex trading but I have a basic question - how can they be so much difference of data between 2 brokers for the same symbol (ex: USDJPY) at the same time when I compare them? Thanks for the input. Rgds

vandervekenrI´m pretty new to this platform and Forex trading but I have a basic question - how can they be so much difference of data between 2 brokers for the same symbol (ex: USDJPY) at the same time when I compare them? Thanks for the input. Rgds

What is the definition of your "so much difference"? Show as what you mean! Show the two charts and the difference you are refering two.

However, please DO NOT mention the brokers' names, as that is not allowed. Just show the charts and explain the differences!

Hi Fernando,

please find attached 2 graphs

Graph1  - Today 18/05/21 USDJPY Broker 1 - USDJPY dipped at 17h32 below 108.710

Graph2 - Today 18/05/21 USDJPY Broker 2, 3 - USDJPY at 17h32 above 108.890

The same thing has been happening many times.

Thanks for your feedback Fernando.

Forex is not a central market.

vandervekenr: Hi Fernando, please find attached 2 graphs

Graph1  - Today 18/05/21 USDJPY Broker 1 - USDJPY dipped at 17h32 below 108.710

Graph2 - Today 18/05/21 USDJPY Broker 2, 3 - USDJPY at 17h32 above 108.890

The same thing has been happening many times.

Are any of these brokers "Market Makers" or "Dealing Desk" brokers?

In other words, "Dealing Desk" or "Market Makers" have their own "internal" price feed because they are trading "internally" against their own clients and don't provide their users a direct connection to the market via liquidity providers.

I personally prefer working only with "Non Dealing Desk" brokers, either STP or ECN, which connect to multiple liquidity providers, and have a more realistic representation of market prices.

Fernando Carreiro:

Are any of these brokers "Market Makers" or "Dealing Desk" brokers?

In other words, "Dealing Desk" or "Market Makers" have their own "internal" price feed because they are trading "internally" against their own clients and don't provide their users a direct connection to the market via liquidity providers.

I personally prefer working only with "Non Dealing Desk" brokers, either STP or ECN, which connect to multiple liquidity providers, and have a more realistic representation of market prices.

Thanks for your feedback Fernando ... I´m not able to give you a proprer answer right now - i need to look at them to understand in which group they fit.

What strikes me is that broker 1 uses symbol USDJPY.IN vs USDJPY for the other brokers ... anything wrong/suspicious with that?

@page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; background: transparent } @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }

vandervekenr:

Thanks for your feedback Fernando ... I´m not able to give you a proprer answer right now - i need to look at them to understand in which group they fit.

What strikes me is that broker 1 uses symbol USDJPY.IN vs USDJPY for the other brokers ... anything wrong/suspicious with that?

Some brokers do name the symbols with some odd prefix or suffix. If that is a sign that they are "Dealing Desk / Market Maker", I am unable to provide an answer. The brokers I use, don't have any prefix/suffix on the symbol names.

Send me a private message with the brokers names and I will take a look and let you now privately if they are DD or NDD!

I think I have an issue with sending you a private message - I added you as a friend and then it does not work either ...  

vandervekenr: I think I have an issue with sending you a private message - I added you as a friend and then it does not work either ...  

I have not blocked PM's to anyone, so there should not be an issue unless the sites chat service is on the fritz again. I will try to send you one instead!

The forex market is an un-centralized exchange, and therefore, each broker will have different liquidity providers, a different number of traders (meaning more or less volume) and slightly different prices at times.

Sarowar Jahan:
The forex market is an un-centralized exchange, and therefore, each broker will have different liquidity providers, a different number of traders (meaning more or less volume) and slightly different prices at times.
Many Thanks for your feedback Sarowar.
Reason: