Trader ready to make a living with expert advisor with some doubts

Hello comunity

I began to study all of this nonsense about 3 years ago...Used to be an online poker player before all that came down...

I deposited $100 in my forex account... lost it.... deposited another $100.... lost it slower...

I had some algorithm writting background...

learned mql4...made a robot...made a good one...made about 10 more...

didnt follow through bcause life things happened...

Now Ive made what i think is a very beautifull robot which Im very proud of and I need some questions answered before I put this thing 2 work and finally make moneyt

... sorry for the intro

1)Can someone point me to a good thread or website where they compare VPNs vs having EAs running from your house

2)Optimal computer setups to run it from your house efficiently

3)If I use vpn.. Can they steal my robot? my code??

4)Efficient and cheap vpn websites

5)Is the vpn service from metatrader any good... also question #3 here.. I think its kinda the no brainer choice but still...

I would deeply appreciate ANY help please... anything is welcome... If a good EA forex trader read this.. please help me... If youre not I also appreciate any opinion

I love you guys, have a good one!

palepalepale:I began to study all of this nonsense about 3 years ago...Used to be an online poker player before all that came down...

I deposited $100 in my forex account... lost it.... deposited another $100.... lost it slower...

I had some algorithm writting background...

learned mql4...made a robot...made a good one...made about 10 more...

didnt follow through bcause life things happened...

Now Ive made what i think is a very beautifull robot which Im very proud of and I need some questions answered before I put this thing 2 work and finally make moneyt

... sorry for the intro

1)Can someone point me to a good thread or website where they compare VPNs vs having EAs running from your house

2)Optimal computer setups to run it from your house efficiently

3)If I use vpn.. Can they steal my robot? my code??

4)Efficient and cheap vpn websites

5)Is the vpn service from metatrader any good... also question #3 here.. I think its kinda the no brainer choice but still...

I would deeply appreciate ANY help please... anything is welcome... If a good EA forex trader read this.. please help me... If youre not I also appreciate any opinion

I love you guys, have a good one!

Let me answer all your question in just one go ... Before you worry about VPSs and whether anyone is going to "steal" it not, first worry about whether it actually works and makes money, irrespective of it being "beautiful" or not. In other words, "Does it blend?".

So, start by running it at home on your own PC on a demo account. Then move onto a cent account when you are satisfied and have ironed out the kinks. Then finally move onto a real account and if it works, it will fund VPS costs (which ever route you take).

Newbies are always paranoid about someone stealing the robot, when in fact there is nothing new that has not already being done yet, and all of them, no matter how good, will fail in the hands of someone that does not know how to use them properly.

So first, worry about it actually working and making you money - then you can worry about the rest once it is filling your pocket.

What do you mean by 'Nonsens'? If you Think this is nonsens you should go back to your 'Poker' games.

If you now created some robot - have you ever tested it out on demo account first?, a period longer then a week i hope

Make a living out of this...well yes it's achivable combined with strict rules and proper risk management along with a capital let's say much much bigger then 100 bucks. If you expect to become a millionary over night i urge you to change your mind asap because thats not gonna happen!

ROI of 120% max drawdown 16% the last 2 years...

I can make it work for any time range of around 3 to 5 years max but need to optimize values for that time...

Yes I know what Im doing.

btw yes I expressed myself worng....

Im not planning to make a living out of ONLY this.... I have a job and a stable income...

I want to make money out of this...

Please help me with these questions... Dont worry about my knowledge regarding if it works or not... I know bankroll management, I know variance... at least enough so that my system works.

Fernando Carreiro:

Let me answer all your question in just one go ... Before you worry about VPNs and whether anyone is going to "steal" it not, first worry about whether it actually works and makes money, irrespective of it being "beautiful" or not. In other words, "Does it blend?".

So, start by running it at home on your own PC on a demo account. Then move onto a cent account when you are satisfied and have ironed out the kinks. Then finally move onto a real account and if it works, it will fund VPN costs (which ever route you take).

Newbies are always paranoid about someone stealing the robot, when in fact there is nothing new that has not already being done yet, and all of them, no matter how good, will fail in the hands of someone that does not know how to use them properly.

So first, worry about it actually working and making you money - then you can worry about the rest once it is filling your pocket.

lets only "supose" that im not a newbie and that my robot works...

Please do you have any information regarding the questions ? Thx!

random pick of testing stuff right know.... btw,,, results with a starting bankroll of $1000
Files:
1.png  253 kb
2.png  294 kb

Kenneth Parling:

What do you mean by 'Nonsens'? If you Think this is nonsens you should go back to your 'Poker' games.

If you now created some robot - have you ever tested it out on demo account first?, a period longer then a week i hope

Make a living out of this...well yes it's achivable combined with strict rules and proper risk management along with a capital let's say much much bigger then 100 bucks. If you expect to become a millionary over night i urge you to change your mind asap because thats not gonna happen!

please help... I already tested It for more than 2 years... I understand I need more than $100 lol... can you refer to the questions if you have any info please? thx

palepalepale: lets only "supose" that im not a newbie and that my robot works...Please do you have any information regarding the questions ? Thx!

Sorry, but you ARE a newbie, and I cannot pretend that you are not! Or have you forgotten that back in late February, early March, you could not even code anything in MQL?

This "nonsense" stuff takes years to master, both the coding and the trading. The fact that you are asking about ideal setup for a PC to run an EA at home, plainly tells me that you have not live tested this seriously on your PC, or else you would have already known the answer from experience.

There are many VPS providers out there, some are quite good and very cheap, so do what we have all done and that is let your "fingers do the walking" and do your research - search the web - it is quite easy to do!

palepalepale: please help... I already tested It for more than 2 years... I understand I need more than $100 lol... can you refer to the questions if you have any info please? thx

LOL! Eight months ago you could not even code in MQL. How could you have possibly been forward testing it live for more than 2 years?

No, back-testing does not count (especially on MT4), because live testing is completely different. Even Demo vs Real is quite different!

Please, who are you trying to kid? Yourself? You are definitely still in the 90/90/90 club!

Run it live on your own PC first then you can see if it works and makes money or not!

LOL what a waste of time
Reason: