Experts: DVD Level (100-50 cent) - page 3

its very interesting EA

hey man,

Which indicator do you use on this EA?

ssshhhh:

hey man,

Which indicator do you use on this EA?

just price & RAVI

I think I found a bug. I am not using Alpari, but instead other broker.

If I am right, the following code:

bool ValidTime() 
  {
   if (DayOfWeek()==1 && Hour()<=6) return(false);  
  //if (IsNewsDVD(29,65)) return(false);  
    return(true);
  }

Disables trading on Monday morning until 6 AM.

BUT, my broker start trading on Sunday 10 PM, so this code actually broke everything and I had slight damage on the account.

I presume that the right code would be:

if ((DayOfWeek()==0)||(DayOfWeek()==1 && Hour()<=6)) return(false);  
Thanks for a great EA.

bradojev:

I think I found a bug. I am not using Alpari, but instead other broker.

If I am right, the following code:

bool ValidTime() 
  {
   if (DayOfWeek()==1 && Hour()<=6) return(false);  
  //if (IsNewsDVD(29,65)) return(false);  
    return(true);
  }

Disables trading on Monday morning until 6 AM.

BUT, my broker start trading on Sunday 10 PM, so this code actually broke everything and I had slight damage on the account.

I presume that the right code would be:

if ((DayOfWeek()==0)||(DayOfWeek()==1 && Hour()<=6)) return(false);  
Thanks for a great EA.

Yes, all right.

Is there a problem when using TradeSizePercent=20 and geting similar messages:

2011.04.28 02:06:36 DVD 100-50 cent EURUSD,M1: DVD 100 cent: Error opening Add Sell order [DVD 100 cent: 4101 : EURUSD_PERIOD_M1]: (130) invalid stops /// for 1.4809 BAL :10.00000000 RAVI0_2_24_H1 :0.55214167

I have a number of messages in log like this one.

B.

FYI...I have modified this EA for US brokers and have added some items like not sending the SL and TP to the broker's server, but monitoring it within the EA and closing trades upon reaching either TP or SL.

I've been using this on a live account since early January 2011 and the account balance is up 46%. It is fully automated with one exception...I do not trade the news with this EA. If high impact news is pending in either the EUR or the USD (say in the next 30 minutes or so) and the price is near a 000 level, I'll shut off the EA until after the news is released.

Thanks for posting this code.

Surf6705:

FYI...I have modified this EA for US brokers and have added some items like not sending the SL and TP to the broker's server, but monitoring it within the EA and closing trades upon reaching either TP or SL.

Are you willing to share your code?

bradojev:
Surf6705:

I am...as long as it's okay with Denis (the guy who posted the original code). And you have to promise not to laugh too hard at my code - I'm not a professional programmer. :)

Surf6705:
bradojev:

I am...as long as it's okay with Denis (the guy who posted the original code). And you have to promise not to laugh too hard at my code - I'm not a professional programmer. :)

It seems that he is not around :(
Reason: