Experts: DVD Level (100-50 cent)

DVD Level (100-50 cent):

Powered by level equal to a whole cents (1.38 1.39 1.40 etc.)

Author: Denis Denisov

hi

it gives you two function errors when you compile the ea

thanks

> two function errors

These information messages, not a failure to compile

EA works ok, its just that some understandable... simplification has been done prior to release to the public domain :)

-BB-

ok friend..

thank you so much

Quick question about the following code:

// Only allow 1 trade per Symbol
int KolPozOpen = 1;

Is the intent to allow only one open trade at a time?

The code in the file below these two lines allows one open buy trade and one open sell trade at any one time -- won't fly for US residents.

Also, there's a section for CheckExitCondition, but it does nothing. You obviously have some intent here. Care to share your thoughts on checking the exit condition?

From where did you download your data used in backtesting? I can't match your results in testing and usually when I see results like you've posted it means the data is dirty. I am getting profitable test results, just not a million bucks in less than two years. :)

I love the concept of the EA...this never would have occurred to me. Thanks.

BarrowBoy:

> two function errors

EA works ok, its just that some understandable... simplification has been done prior to release to the public domain :)

-BB-

Is it full version of this system/ is it ready to work?

bool IsCrossLowLevel2 = false;
for (x=0;x<=14;x++) {if (iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_H1,x) > Level100 + LoLevel2*Point) IsCrossLowLevel2 = true;}
if (IsCrossLowLevel2 == false) BAL = BAL - 50;

You do realize that the value of IsCrossLowLevel2 will always be based on the value returned when x=14. That makes it pointless to scroll through the other bars. Why not simply get the value of bar[14]? If you're trying to determine if ANY of the 14 H1 bars have a high greater than the nearest 000 level + 65 pips, use an array, get the max value of the array and then do the comparison. Better yet, can't you just flip the comparison operator from ">" to "<" and do away with the IsCrossLowLevel2 boolean altogether?

tomala71:
BarrowBoy:

> two function errors

-BB-

Is it full version of this system/ is it ready to work?

Yes, ready to work.

Surf6705:

bool IsCrossLowLevel2 = false;
for (x=0;x<=14;x++) {if (iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_H1,x) > Level100 + LoLevel2*Point) IsCrossLowLevel2 = true;}
if (IsCrossLowLevel2 == false) BAL = BAL - 50;

You do realize that the value of IsCrossLowLevel2 will always be based on the value returned when x=14. That makes it pointless to scroll through the other bars. Why not simply get the value of bar[14]? If you're trying to determine if ANY of the 14 H1 bars have a high greater than the nearest 000 level + 65 pips, use an array, get the max value of the array and then do the comparison. Better yet, can't you just flip the comparison operator from ">" to "<" and do away with the IsCrossLowLevel2 boolean altogether?

Not exactly, this code means, if the price over the past 14 hours did not rise above 450 points on the level, ie too little movement, then cancel.

Surf6705:

The code in the file below these two lines allows one open buy trade and one open sell trade at any one time -- won't fly for US residents.

Yes, all right.

Surf6705:

Also, there's a section for CheckExitCondition, but it does nothing. You obviously have some intent here. Care to share your thoughts on checking the exit condition?

No, this EA out of TP and SL.
Reason: