Indicators: FX Multi-Meter II - page 3

I had equal surprise to emmauk. I have two MT4 platforms running MM-II, one here and one in NYC. Same indicator, same TF, same broker, same data, same everything, yet the graphs are extremely different. Puzzling. I still keep it on the screen, because of the visual beauty....... but can't trade with it until this gets sorted. Helluva job on the graphics! :)

MerlinBrasil:

I had equal surprise to emmauk. I have two MT4 platforms running MM-II, one here and one in NYC. Same indicator, same TF, same broker, same data, same everything, yet the graphs are extremely different. Puzzling. I still keep it on the screen, because of the visual beauty....... but can't trade with it until this gets sorted. Helluva job on the graphics! :)

Thanx for the comments... Have you checked that the history line hasn't gone behind time, because it will within a matter of minutes if it is not moved forward or deleted, which will result in a static display of that bar reading. I have made this mistake myself. Check the Bar % Meter on each to see that both are moving, if they both are then the problem is something else. But its easy to lose track of the history line if you dont delete it after use (changing timeframes creates a new one), you can also disable it in the Options.

If anyone knows a way to keep a vertical line in the same spot that would help...

Great job on this indicator. I am new to FX but I have a background in software development, so I know that any piece of software is always a work in progress and that any feedback from a user can be valuable. One bug i have noticed is that when this is used with other custom indicators, it causes them to disappear if you load FX Multi-Meter II after the other custom indicators have been loaded. If you edit or add the other custom indicators after FX Multi-Meter II has been added to the chart then everything works fine. It's not a big deal but it is annoying. I am going to work on finding a solution, maybe it is a problem with my system.

i may have a tip for a third table to complement the ob/os map and ma trend-o-graph: the third pictogram could harbour the shape (and bearish/bullish colour) of the last candle in each respective timeframe starting from tf m5, ending with tf w1 (aka weekly). i know the drawback is an awful lot of work/time invested in this formated output. but thanks anyway!

edit: i mean the last closed candle, of course. there may be a candle in progress too, but that would be also for the current tf, placed right where the descriptive column in the obos and trendograph is, separated by a dim vertical line. one can never know how tall or short the candle will be, so there would be needed some kind of (percentage?) normalization.

Azb:

i may have a tip for a third table to complement the ob/os map and ma trend-o-graph: the third pictogram could harbour the shape (and bearish/bullish colour) of the last candle in each respective timeframe starting from tf m5, ending with tf w1 (aka weekly). i know the drawback is an awful lot of work/time invested in this formated output. but thanks anyway!

edit: i mean the last closed candle, of course. there may be a candle in progress too, but that would be also for the current tf, placed right where the descriptive column in the obos and trendograph is, separated by a dim vertical line. one can never know how tall or short the candle will be, so there would be needed some kind of (percentage?) normalization.

It'd be good i agree, but you would have noticed that GGekko just published the exact indicator you mentioned, which i think is a good job as it is. There wouldnt be enough resolution using the pre-existing blocky matrix style thats in the meter, so alot of work would be needed to reinvent it. I'm open to more ideas for this part of the meter, thanks for the suggestion, if you have any more let me know.

What i'm thinking of adding next is a multi-timeframe graph of the price position in % relation to upper and lower Bollinger bands which would turn the indicator into an oscillator. I use bollinger bands alot but i think it would be very handy as an oscillator. The problem is these graphs use up alot of space in the code and slow down the indicator performance, so it may not be viable to add another, we'll see.

I have downloaded MM-II and started using the same. Good Tool..

But I have a query, I am getting Trend-O-Graph and Price chart but not aware how to get the second one "Trade Reveral Setup".

Can someone or eagleye777 himself help me out.

Regards

tyagi:

I have downloaded MM-II and started using the same. Good Tool..

But I have a query, I am getting Trend-O-Graph and Price chart but not aware how to get the second one "Trade Reveral Setup".

Can someone or eagleye777 himself help me out.

Regards

The OB/OS Signal Map replaces the Trend Graph when you set DisplayTrendGraph to 'false' in the Options panel. The picture is a good example of a reversal setup, ie. the price is about to swing up.

Hi

I've downloaded MM II and tried it.. very informative tool.

Perhaps, it's better if the display is not at right side. It blocks the display of current price chart.

Thank's for your sharing

ardanari:

Hi

I've downloaded MM II and tried it.. very informative tool.

Perhaps, it's better if the display is not at right side. It blocks the display of current price chart.

Thank's for your sharing

The chart shift button in MetaTrader fixes this problem..

Great code, thanks for sharing. Some questions / suggestions:

1) Did you try to have the EA execute the trade signal automatically? Would it be profitable?

2) The pip-calculation is wrong on a 4 digit broker: it displayes a spread of 0.2 pips instead of 2. Same problem with SILVER: 0.5 instead of 5 pips.

3) It think it would be better to place the Multimeter on the left side. Even if you use shift chart, and the window is small, you the Multimeter will be over the current price.

Reason: