What is the maximum drawdown you can allow and accept for following a signal ?!

• 13% (6)
  • 20% (9)
  • 11% (5)
  • 22% (10)
  • 7% (3)
  • 18% (8)
  • 9% (4)
Total voters: 39

Mohamed Abdellah:
  • 5%
  • 10%
  • 15%
  • 20%
  • 25%
  • 30%
  • More than 30 %

When i was searching this part during learning forex i found myself comfortable with 25-35% drawdown but my strategy is really tight and doesn't allow this to happen except maybe 30% of the time

But on the other hand people will give you hundreds of opinions and very rarely that you will find hands on live experience here, you will get lots of warnings and you should be neutral about any conservative or aggressive trading opinions but rather compare your own strategy with the comments you find here

CrisZind:

When i was searching this part during learning forex i found myself comfortable with 25-35% drawdown but my strategy is really tight and doesn't allow this to happen except maybe 30% of the time

But on the other hand people will give you hundreds of opinions and very rarely that you will find hands on live experience here, you will get lots of warnings and you should be neutral about any conservative or aggressive trading opinions but rather compare your own strategy with the comments you find here

In your opinion assuming i'm getting growth of 100-299% a month is this percentage of drawdown 25-35% able to get me the most number of subscribers ?

or i have to keep it lower than this to get more subscriptions ? 

Mohamed Abdellah:

In your opinion assuming i'm getting growth of 100-299% a month is this percentage of drawdown 25-35% able to get me the most number of subscribers ?

If you noticed in my comments, the people will always be too diverse to put them all in one basket, their will have a decision directed towards caution sometimes and some other times will take huge risk without calculation

Speaking of a subscription for a signal

In my opinion

Beginners will rush to subscribe "based on the statistics you add" then either win and continue with you, or if the market moves wrong, your experience will help you survive and their little experience will make them lose so the large number of subscribers could be short live

Or you will get the number of subscribers who are similar to who you are who think like you, so whatever that percentage of society it is, if you are a person who takes risks then this percentage of society is not high

Try put some advises about market direction and what should they do if market changes, in addition to the subscription .. this will help people find the good direction instead of just clicking buttons and either win or lose 

Hello mate,I think that the problem is not in DD...The problem is that you can't control DrawDown because you dont have a stop loss and investor can lose everything in one moment.
This is my opinion only and the second opinion you are risking only 2.5 USD total
Have a nice day bro

Vladimir Gerasymchuk:
Hello mate,I think that the problem is not in DD...The problem is that you can't control DrawDown because you dont have a stop loss and investor can lose everything in one moment.
This is my opinion only and the second opinion you are risking only 2.5 USD total
Have a nice day bro

Hello Vladimir,

This is not supposed to be about my style of trading i'm speaking generally, but i do use stop loss sometimes when i'm away of meta trader otherwise i'm closing the trading myself that's why you don't see stop loss.

On that account only i risked 2.5 so i can get huge growth and get to top 10 asap but for the investor it doesn't affect him at all.

Only intra day traders know how hard is it to trade small accounts and in the same time they have to keep the draw down as low as possible.

Mohamed Abdellah:

I will suggest that a good signal is one which has draw down below 20%.

Any thing above that number 20% show that the trader is a gambler or like to take risks, always check the Risks tab related to (Drawdown by balance) and (Relative drawdown)

percentage count a lots.

If the trader deposit more money, its a sign of trouble, a warning to be careful.

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Any thing above that number 20% show that the trader is a gambler or like to take risks,

Yesss this word "risk" the key to wipe-outs 

Not more than 10-15 % , protecting money is more important than making money

From my experience I the market, If you want profit in Forex, then you must be willing to accept the risks. Forex is risk and from my point of view there is no such things as acceptable drawdown. A good trader should be able to recover from a drawdown as high as 80%. No matter how smart a trader is at one point in trade the market gets the best of you, but your ability to manage your emotion during a heavy drawdown and recover from losses matters a lot. Its not about how little your drawdown is in the market, but how long you survive in the market.
Reason: