What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 47

Interesting:

Then it is no longer a software change of spread, but a simple counter in the tester's parameters.

Although, as I remember something similar already exists in the parameters of MT4 tester, it is called "Spread" (although in the course of testing it is not possible to change the value as I understand it).

Yes, MT5 has average spreads and it partially solves the problem. But it is still an economic crutch. Young people are not afraid of extra moves and actions and they drive progress. And the old or flawed ones, save on everything. But MT5 is not used by any ECN broker. But those who do, they are market makers, cheaters, on which you do not earn anything. The only difference is that once you start earning, you start having problems - they feed on losses. Almost no professional trader trades in kitchens, and all ECNs have MT4.

And more arguments in favour of the asky history and professionalism of the platforms.

FXCM recommends Activ Trader accounts for professional traders, and they start with a 50K deposit. These accounts use the TS2 platform, which broadcasts both asks and bids and even ticks. But MT4 - they serve "cannon fodder" who will anyway leave their deposits to "uncle" sooner or later. So you have to wonder if you need an ascetic history to be professional in MT4.

Most profitable traders use scalping and averaging. And in the rollover area at 0 o'clock CET the spread widens manifold. And it's much larger at night than it is during the day. The average spread test will give completely inadequate results. In the past, scalping was looked down upon. But the reason is that market makers and Metakvotes don't like it for some reason (probably because of laziness). And on large swings such as daily waves, where the spread is not so significant (although it is significant nevertheless), it is very difficult to earn. The price moves not logically - banks see where the stops are accumulated and break those stops under the cover of "news". Can traders move a pair by 100 points within a minute after the news release? It takes a lot of money and the central banks do it. They even tried to agree among themselves on the level of countries not to manipulate the price, but greed takes its toll. And any filters, channels, indicators - break down to just a deliberate absorption of the price in an illogical direction. Here's today, the pound slowed down from overnight. Then, supposedly due to the news, it was driven down, all the breakout techniques opened for the sell, and then abruptly reversed, and the money was yours, it became ours. How do you handle such a situation? In the championships, those who win are a random result out of many. They have no practical value apart from the big crowd. And on the real, mostly scalpers and speculators, for the creation and testing of which an ascetic history is very necessary. I would rather forego all of the benefits of MT5, on which a huge amount of money has been spent and Renat is probably tired to advertise it, just give me an Ask History and the possibility to test it (and of course it would be very desirable to have a multicurrency tester). Then MT5 would slowly go maybe. But not having done so much that requires time and progress for traders, they are already trying to create a paradise for programmers. It will not work. This is a big misconception.

Man, this is bullshit... It's just absolutely bullshit. In Mt5 you have an asc history, but that doesn't suit you, in Mt4 you can have it by hitting the broker, but that again doesn't suit you. What are you even doing here ???? AT is for traders ? - Go trade with it.

FAQ:
Man, this is bullshit... It's just absolutely bullshit. In Mt5 you have an asc history, but that doesn't suit you, in Mt4 you can have it by hitting the broker, but that again doesn't suit you. What are you even doing here ???? AT is for traders ? - Go trade with it.
Dear! If you don't care about this problem, then don't spoil it. What's it for? For your ego? You just don't know this issue deeply, and you look like an expert and judge it superficially. Would it make you feel bad if you wrote a story about asks and a tester for them? Or your writing is inspired by something else. Smart people say thank you for tips, while others get angry. Think about it before you write something.

That's not the point, you don't really need it either, and that's the problem.

FAQ:
That's not the point, you don't really need it either, and that's the problem.
Yes, your writing is driven by an alleged concern for Metakvotes, like you think it will make them feel bad. Don't worry, it won't. Your answers in a teacher's fashion for first graders, are already starting to make me smile. You should think of the millions of practical traders who are denied that opportunity. Those who know me know that I won't "blabber on" for no reason.

MTs are being sharpened for other people, there's a market being opened, these guys are unlikely to need asks. imho.

220Volt:
MTs are sharpened for other people, they are opening a marketplace, these guys are unlikely to need aksy. imho.

No way... Do you think that programmers (I can only speak for myself), will be able to put on the market the code of an arbitrary trading EA... Just-why-why-why... No way... I don't have the guts, and it's a shame...

I have all sorts of code lying around, working without mistakes and trading on the real account... But not as much as I'd like... I'm going to keep it... not for the general public. Not because he's making money... It's because he's making money and then he pours it all out. What's the point of selling this stuff?

I'm excited about the innovations to come. Not because of the market...

I just feel the industry is being profaned. It doesn't feel good. Massiveness may be a good thing, but there has to be a limit.

What is this nonsense about ECN? Look how many MT5s have native integrations with Currenex, Integral, CitiFX, Hotspot, FastMatch. Absolute dumb ignorance. If you want to trade with pure ECNs, just open an account with e.g. Alpari UK.
Reason: