Coding is the easy part of expert advisors - page 5

We have a certain truth to uphold.

It's boolean either true or false.

It is also verifiable, check the return value.

Targeted and constructive communication is what makes this community grow.

Not people tossing around untrue and untruthful words, growing in error, one after the other, non-stop, building up to a point where my brain want's to explode.

DeepFocus:
Please let me clarify for everyone here.....the OP did not say that coding was easy.  He said coding was the "easy part" of trading.  And he's right!!  

What's that  ?

Where did you see trading exactly ?

Coding is the easy part of expert advisors - page 4

Is there old traders new here around to bring their testimony?

I think the "normal path" is about "traders" being bored of watching at their charts during long days/nights who wanted to be assisted. 

But I may be wrong, am I ?

I don't know.

It's all good.

I believe in destiny.

If your destiny is to be a total loser, then i can shove my Billionaire strategy right under your nose, but it will just go unnoticed, and you will continue on your path of total destruction, you will crash and burn, nobody can stop it.

But if your destiny is that of a winner, you will silently pick up the strategy and apply it and get rich, even without ever knowing if coding is easy, or hard.

Marco vd Heijden:

I don't know.

It's all good.

I believe in destiny.

If your destiny is to be a total loser, then i can shove my Billionaire strategy right under your nose, but it will just go unnoticed, and you will continue on your path of total destruction, you will crash and burn, nobody can stop it.

But if your destiny is that of a winner, you will silently pick up the strategy and apply it and get rich, even without ever knowing if coding is easy, or hard.

Sometimes your words are violent, dear @Marco vd Heijden

Lorentzos Roussos:

I admire your resolve , you never give up .Thats good .
Now , lets assume a trader manually forward tests strategies starting today and adapts the strategy as time advances.
In 5 months , i can instruct the algorithm to formulate a strategy up to july 1st 2018 and then start adapting in the following 5 months.
Again with certain prerequisites (which Marco outlines in several posts)

A trader learns the behaviour of the markets, then develops a plan to beat the market.He can not learn real profitable trading from books or sites, all trading books are written by failed traders,  only in the pit can he see the real thing. and get real trading experience.

A trader will not change settings on eas, unless he was wrong in the first place.A pro does not back test, only forward test, forward tests are not for profitability , but for checking the codes of function.A pro knows an EA will work, before he designs it.

Here is another lesson "all manual traders who back tests systems, because these back tests had no real money, they earned fake money, he forget to test his psyche on the back tests , so he fails.

Icham Aidibe:

Is there old traders new here around to bring their testimony?

I think the "normal path" is about "traders" being bored of watching at their charts during long days/nights who wanted to be assisted. 

But I may be wrong, am I ?

Successful traders rarely trade, they trade 4 to 5 times a year.They come here for entertainment .

EA-trader:

A trader learns the behaviour of the markets, then develops a plan to beat the market.He can not learn real profitable trading from books or sites, all trading books are written by failed traders,  only in the pit can he see the real thing. and get real trading experience.

A trader will not change settings on eas, unless he was wrong in the first place.A pro does not back test, only forward test, forward tests are not for profitability , but for checking the codes of function.A pro knows an EA will work, before he designs it.

Here is another lesson "all manual traders who back tests systems, because these back tests had no real money, they earned fake money, he forget to test his psyche on the back tests , so he fails.

The way you express lets ear the humility of an expert. Are you one ? Hiding at his ID ? 

EA-trader:

I see you are keeping notes when Marco posts . :)
So what is preventing an algorithm to adapt in the same manner ? The algorithm wont read books either .
If we hypothesize a perfect trader and a perfect algorithm , in the sense that both are able to aptly learn how to trade , who has got the advantage ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

I see you are keeping notes when Marco posts . :)
So what is preventing an algorithm to adapt in the same manner ? The algorithm wont read books either .
If we hypothesize a perfect trader and a perfect algorithm , in the sense that both are able to aptly learn how to trade , who has got the advantage ?

A coder who has trading knowledge , has an advantage , but most don't. A coder here in this thread , coded me a $50 dollar EAto test price action candles, he was a very good coder, the EA back tests told me " all these price action education  sold is totally worthless"

Unless a coder is an expert trader or highly skilled trader, he will not be able to develop a long term consistently profitable EA.  A quality can back test all theories,  he can also create automated experts that are robust, he can even override the negative wiring of the human mind in trading (a brain designed to lose in the markets), and get an edge with expert advisors.

THAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD.  What was the offensive part of this thread?

Reason: