Coding is the easy part of expert advisors - page 6

The coder I know for twenty years (without names) are only gambling with martingale strategies, with big losses  , others are still coding  part time for a living  or rehashing the original indicators  or selling rehasheshed free indicators.That tells me all I need to know, if they had found the holy grail, they would not be here , except for entertainment.

Lorentzos Roussos:

I see you are keeping notes when Marco posts . :)
So what is preventing an algorithm to adapt in the same manner ? The algorithm wont read books either .
If we hypothesize a perfect trader and a perfect algorithm , in the sense that both are able to aptly learn how to trade , who has got the advantage ?

Self learning ? 

You could teach a NN on a whole year of datas, you'll choose the best result based on tester's return (in currency unit).

On what are you going to base yourself when trading live ?

"A coder who has trading knowledge , has an advantage , but most don't. A coder here in this thread , coded me a $50 dollar EAto test price action candles, he was a very good coder, the EA back tests told me " all these price action education  sold is totally worthless"

You purchased the creation of the idea not its improvement , unless a promise preceded the order by the coder.

"Unless a coder is an expert trader or highly skilled trader, he will not be able to develop a long term consistently profitable EA.  A quality can back test all theories,  he can also create automated experts that are robust, he can even override the negative wiring of the human mind in trading (a brain designed to lose in the markets), and get an edge with expert advisors.THAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD.  What was the offensive part of this thread?"

Retracting statements and call to emotion . Very very interesting . ;) 
So if a trader can have an edge with expert advisors why cant a coder find the edge with expert advisors ?
In the previously stated hypothesis , the coder can create the perfect trader ,and the perfect trader can hire any coder since he/she (the trader)
already has the perfect approach he wont have any inclination to suggest ideas of similar context to this thread.

"Self learning ? You could teach a NN on a whole year of datas, you'll choose the best result based on tester's return (in currency unit).

On what are you going to base yourself when trading live ?"

Guys ,guys guys (and girls) , you are willing to accept the hypothesis of the perfect human trader but when the same hypothesis is stated 
for an algorithm it must be treated as a declaration without regard to its hypotheticall nature and request proof ,foundation and logical explanation?

Also @Icham Aidibe  , Ermou Street , i get you have visited our part of the world :) 

Icham Aidibe: Sometimes your words are violent, dear @Marco vd Heijden

Nothing violent. He is talking about what will happen to your account.

Lorentzos Roussos:

"A coder who has trading knowledge , has an advantage , but most don't. A coder here in this thread , coded me a $50 dollar EAto test price action candles, he was a very good coder, the EA back tests told me " all these price action education  sold is totally worthless"

You purchased the creation of the idea not its improvement , unless a promise preceded the order by the coder.

"Unless a coder is an expert trader or highly skilled trader, he will not be able to develop a long term consistently profitable EA.  A quality can back test all theories,  he can also create automated experts that are robust, he can even override the negative wiring of the human mind in trading (a brain designed to lose in the markets), and get an edge with expert advisors.THAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD.  What was the offensive part of this thread?"

Retracting statements and call to emotion . Very very interesting . ;) 
So if a trader can have an edge with expert advisors why cant a coder find the edge with expert advisors ?
In the previously stated hypothesis , the coder can create the perfect trader ,and the perfect trader can hire any coder since he/she (the trader)
already has the perfect approach he wont have any inclination to suggest ideas of similar context to this thread.

"Self learning ? You could teach a NN on a whole year of datas, you'll choose the best result based on tester's return (in currency unit).

On what are you going to base yourself when trading live ?"

Guys ,guys guys (and girls) , you are willing to accept the hypothesis of the perfect human trader but when the same hypothesis is stated 
for an algorithm it must be treated as a declaration without regard to its hypotheticall nature and request proof ,foundation and logical explanation?

Also @Icham Aidibe  , Ermou Street , i get you have visited our part of the world :) 

I'm not challenging you, but "self learning ea" for having wanted such an algo - since my begginnings here - are very complicated & I'm asking in perfect humility how would you proceed yourself ? I've met during my researches an issue that has a name in techneuroscience : "conceptual drifting", meaning that we retrain a neural network on a new sample that have nothing in common with the first sample we based on. 

I wished you could have inform me about that. The other day there was an expert on neural networks on the forum, but I didn't dare to ask him. 

Yes I have of course visited Greece, I'm an amateur of Ancients texts. Ermou Street is the main shopping street of Athens, I'm not a poet full of imagination, so I did the same with London (Regent Street) :-/

Icham Aidibe:

I'm not challenging you, but "self learning ea" for having wanted such an algo - since my begginnings here - are very complicated & I'm asking in perfect humility how would you proceed yourself ? I've met during my researches an issue that has a name in techneuroscience : "conceptual drifting", meaning that we retrain a neural network on a new sample that have nothing in common with the first sample we based on. 

I wished you could have inform me about that. The other day there was an expert on neural networks on the forum, but I didn't dare to ask him. 

Yes I have of course visited Greece, I'm an amateur of Ancients texts. Ermou Street is the main shopping street of Athens, I'm not a poet full of imagination, so I did the same with London (Regent Street) :-/

I dont feel challenged  , just enjoying the conversation , dont worry.

You raise a very common desire among coders . Conceptual drifting is this sort of , we keep the knowledge from the previous samples and we look for new (additional) from the newest sample ? . It sounds familiar , there was a lecture that touched on this , i ll try to dig it up . I remember thinking "how on earth does it learn from 10 samples ???"

Then i wish you build an EA and its adequate enough to allow your poetic side spell "Myconos" for its name , inspired by true events post EA finalization and/or live testing. 

Thats the one i think @Icham Aidibe

Icham Aidibe:

Sometimes your words are violent, dear @Marco vd Heijden

Nothing violent @Icham Aidibe I just told you what will happen to your account.

If you know of a way to alter destiny, please let me know.

Lorentzos Roussos:
Thats the one i think @Icham Aidibe

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at. 

Marco vd Heijden:

Nothing violent @Icham Aidibe I just told you what will happen to your account.

If you know of a way to alter destiny, please let me know.

Is it really what is happening to my account ? :)