Volume and Tick chart - page 2

Stanislav Korotky:

Most straighforward and free way of creating equivolume charts could probably be starting from this article for MT4, and then updating it to new MT5 feature of creating custom symbols.

I don't know a ready made solution, sorry.

Marco vd Heijden:

When you search code base then you will see that there are 53 PAGES with volume related softwares, it would blow my mind if there was not something comparable in that pool:

https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=volumes&module=mql5_module_codebase

Thanks guys!

"Volume related" are mostly everything else about volumes except for equivolume. I did not find any related to equivolume except for the article.

I did it - I converted the EA from the article about equivolume charts in MetaTrader 4 to MetaTrader 5. You may find the result in my blog - Equal volume and range charts in MetaTrader 5. Source codes included.

Stanislav Korotky:
I did it - I converted the EA from the article about equivolume charts in MetaTrader 4 to MetaTrader 5. You may find the result in my blog - Equal volume and range charts in MetaTrader 5. Source codes included.

Thanks for your help. We still have to create a custom symbol, which can not be tested on the cloud using historical data.

I hope they come up with an update where ticks or volume or range can be used. it'll be really helpful for future contracts with real volume.

In my opinion MetaTrader is one of the most basic platform and cheapest platform on the market.I have used TradeStation, MultiCharts, NinjaTrader and all of them have Tick charts, Volume charts, Renko charts...and all other types of charts by DEFAULT.Also all of them have a manual setting of the time chart  - for example I can set my chart to what time frame I like ,not a presets timeframes like it is in MT.I can set my charts down to the second.I can set it to 3 minutes and 33 seconds if I like, or whatever the number I like - it does not matter ,even 1 second chart or 543435 seconds chart - It is all my choice.In MT you do not have choice actually.The platform is very basic and limited and it uses Resources like crazy, especially CPU.Also you do not have a multi-monitor option which is ABSURD...IT IS 2018 PEOPLE ! Just see Tradestation for example...They have all types of charts and by all I mean ALL, also they have multiple Monitor options like Desktops for every monitor.They have great linking between charts and monitors and with 1 click you can change the charts on all monitors.In Tradestation I have to open like 80+ charts to use the same CPU resources as MT...If I was from the dev team I should start MT from the Drawing board, because for 2018 it is way way behind the competition...Also I should never use something like MQL and rather use Python for my strategies and Indicators - Python has so many frameworks and libraries for Trading and Finances. And as you know some indicators that in MQL need to write 200+ lines of code in Python the same indicator is 5-10 lines of code. Also the trading terminal in MT is very very bad and inconvinient and it is always centerd ,which is getting you to place a trade with a couple of ticks in different price.Just check TradeStation Trading matrix and tell me which is better...You should start MT from the ground up...in a less than 5 months it is 2019...and MT looks like it is in 1999...

iavorkolev:
In my opinion MetaTrader is one of the most basic platform and cheapest platform on the market.I have used TradeStation, MultiCharts, NinjaTrader and all of them have Tick charts, Volume charts, Renko charts...and all other types of charts by DEFAULT.Also all of them have a manual setting of the time chart  - for example I can set my chart to what time frame I like ,not a presets timeframes like it is in MT.I can set my charts down to the second.I can set it to 3 minutes and 33 seconds if I like, or whatever the number I like - it does not matter ,even 1 second chart or 543435 seconds chart - It is all my choice.In MT you do not have choice actually.The platform is very basic and limited and it uses Resources like crazy, especially CPU.Also you do not have a multi-monitor option which is ABSURD...IT IS 2018 PEOPLE ! Just see Tradestation for example...They have all types of charts and by all I mean ALL, also they have multiple Monitor options like Desktops for every monitor.They have great linking between charts and monitors and with 1 click you can change the charts on all monitors.In Tradestation I have to open like 80+ charts to use the same CPU resources as MT...If I was from the dev team I should start MT from the Drawing board, because for 2018 it is way way behind the competition...Also I should never use something like MQL and rather use Python for my strategies and Indicators - Python has so many frameworks and libraries for Trading and Finances. And as you know some indicators that in MQL need to write 200+ lines of code in Python the same indicator is 5-10 lines of code. Also the trading terminal in MT is very very bad and inconvinient and it is always centerd ,which is getting you to place a trade with a couple of ticks in different price.Just check TradeStation Trading matrix and tell me which is better...You should start MT from the ground up...in a less than 5 months it is 2019...and MT looks like it is in 1999...

I agree. I wrote a ticket to service desk, and here is what I got:

Dear User.

Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to implement it in the nearest future. Probably, we will return to them later.

Best regards, MQL5.com support team.=

Markkm:

I agree. I wrote a ticket to service desk, and here is what I got:

Dear User.

Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to implement it in the nearest future. Probably, we will return to them later.

Best regards, MQL5.com support team.=

I doubt that they will do anything, I think they are living in the last millenia...Thank god that my broker anounced that they will add other platforms for Forex,so I can ditch MT as soon as this happen.I have so many Indicators written in MQL for the last six years, but soon I will rid of the MT curse and this trading platform made for the 90's...In less than a Year and Half will be 2020...I think this platofm is stucked in the past and I am not saying that ,just because of the ugly interface, but of the basic features ,that ALL of the competition has more than 10 years ago...Also the support gave me the same answer a couple of months ago with a problem I had with the Data and MT5...

iavorkolev:
I doubt that they will do anything, I think they are living in the last millenia...Thank god that my broker anounced that they will add other platforms for Forex,so I can ditch MT as soon as this happen.I have so many Indicators written in MQL for the last six years, but soon I will rid of the MT curse and this trading platform made for the 90's...In less than a Year and Half will be 2020...I think this platofm is stucked in the past and I am not saying that ,just because of the ugly interface, but of the basic features ,that ALL of the competition has more than 10 years ago...Also the support gave me the same answer a couple of months ago with a problem I had with the Data and MT5...

I want to switch back to Tradestation / Ninjatrader, I just don't like how expensive is their Freelance, indicators section - since I am not a programmer and I don't know how to code an EA / indicator.

I also have EAs and indicators in MT which I will need to have them translated to Tradestation / NinjaTrader. I hope I can find a programmer who will be willing to do so. A lot of programmer here don't know how to use Easy Language (Tradestation) or they just don't want to bother with C which is used for Ninjatrader. 

Markkm:

I want to switch back to Tradestation / Ninjatrader, I just don't like how expensive is their Freelance, indicators section - since I am not a programmer and I don't know how to code an EA / indicator.

I also have EAs and indicators in MT which I will need to have them translated to Tradestation / NinjaTrader. I hope I can find a programmer who will be willing to do so. A lot of programmer here don't know how to use Easy Language (Tradestation) or they just don't want to bother with C which is used for Ninjatrader. 

Tradestation use Easylanguage and you can learn it pretty quick,also there is a large base with indicators in the forums of Tradestation and in so many sites as wel., I was not a developer either ,but I have learned to code.PM me if you have questions or want to connect.

iavorkolev:
Tradestation use Easylanguage and you can learn it pretty quick,also there is a large base with indicators in the forums of Tradestation and in so many sites as wel., I was not a developer either ,but I have learned to code.PM me if you have questions or want to connect.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Reason: