My understanding for signal copying is that the master trader uses a signal copy software to copy the master trades to child account. So I guess all what is needed from my when I buy a signal copy is to provide my trading account login.
Is that correct? if so, whey do I need to download an mt4.exe file and what am I suppose to do with it? i.e. why install a mt4 terminal in this case?
I have a VPS, how can I run this copy(ing) on the VPS if it needs a terminal of mine to be running? I am confused as to the bigger picture and how things fit together and would appreciate some lights.
How to subscribe to MT4/MT5 signal (with VPS) -
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:08
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Tips for Selecting a Trading Signal to Subscribe. Step-By-Step Guide - the article
Some question about Signals
Sergey Golubev, 2016.12.30 20:14
Just some information about the Signal Service:
This is the information about where to start to.
From the rules -
And some other information -
How to Select a Deal Volume https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page93#comment_4052813 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/215636
How to change the volume/lot size (many posts)https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714
How can I can disable a copy trade signal on my Meta trader in my VPS without unsubscribinghttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189920#comment_4866319
You couldn't be far from the truth, but Sergey provided all the necessary information for you to follow.