Do I need to have my computer mode on to receive trades in my account from a signal Proivder??

Hello.. I have got a signal provider.... but the date of opened trades are not the same with my trades... I see the execution of trades just when I see my computer running MT4.... In my phone I dont see when the signal provider enters...

Do you know how to really get synchronization?

I have tried from MT4 >> Tools >> options >> signals >> and checked all , (http://prntscr.com/iwu3q8) but I dont know what other things to do.

Thanks for your help

Screenshot
Screenshot
  • prnt.sc
Captured with Lightshot

What happens to EA if I shut computer down!
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/221357#comment_6131963 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Kiran Kumar Balloru Madhava, 2017.11.30 04:45

It is advisable to run the EAs in VPS. Cost of VPS starts with around $10 a month.  If you are running the EA in your computer and if you shut down the computer, EA will stop working. No new trades will be placed. Exisiting positions will close if stop loss or profit limits are kept. Hope this info helps. forexveda

• www.mql5.com
If I turn my computer off will EA still trade, or will it stop? Does the EA get stored in some server? Or is it just on my computer...

How to subscribe to VPS

missing signal trades

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 09:50

Hello Nashy, below are the steps for implementing MQL5 integrated VPS:

1. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

2. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

3. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

4. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

6. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
  • www.mql5.com
Dear All, I just rented my first VPS from MQL5 via my MT4 platform today...

How to Configure the Trading Platform to Use Signals: 
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber#settings
How to Subscribe to a Signal - Trading Signals and Copy Trading - MetaTrader 5
How to Subscribe to a Signal - Trading Signals and Copy Trading - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
If you want to copy trading operations performed by a provider, you should subscribe to a signal. A weekly or monthly fee may be charged for the subscription. A valid MQL5.community account is required for a signal subscription. Specify the account details in the platform settings, tab Community. If you do not have an account yet, please...

how to subscribe to the trading signal

copy signals

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:08

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

tongeo:

Hello.. I have got a signal provider.... but the date of opened trades are not the same with my trades... I see the execution of trades just when I see my computer running MT4.... In my phone I dont see when the signal provider enters...

Do you know how to really get synchronization?

I have tried from MT4 >> Tools >> options >> signals >> and checked all , (http://prntscr.com/iwu3q8) but I dont know what other things to do.

Thanks for your help

And just to make it shorter - 

Use Signals with phone

Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.03.26 21:32

You can only copy a signal with your computer, not your phone.

A VPS is a must if you want to avoid power and internet problems.

Reason: