Do not bother yourselves/ Truth is annoying - page 5

Marco vd Heijden:

You have to find it.

It's already been released, long long time ago.

Far before internet or Metatrader was even around.

But people like to try and re-invent the wheel, which is unnecessary.

Or they like to try and predict the future, which is unnecessary, and impossible. 

The funny thing about indicators is: you can't prove they don't work. .

here is a backtest of a free indicator in 1 month

gain : 100 points stop: 100 points

I= win trades

I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I   I   I x  I  I  I  I  I  I  x  x  I  I  x  I  I  I  I  x  I  I  I  I  x  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  x  I

42 w

7 losses

85% wins ( it's a semi holy grail)

It's a free indicator, but the secret is the way you interpret and use it. Any indicator depends on the interpretation  on how to use it. That way of thinking is very different from real life, when a car is made to move, a scissor to cut,

indicators are very different, because 2 persons can use the same indicator and use it entirely different

I am not talking about indicators.

That word indicator is etched so deep into your mind that you can not think of something else.

Why?

Because 99% of the people use and only know what is provided to them.

They do not know any better then trading is using an indicator and a chart.

In fact it is impossible to communicate with this kind of people because they have zero knowledge else then indicator, chart, indicator, signal.

Those things are on the surface it's the first you pick up, and usually the only thing they pick up.

But you have put it aside and dig a little deeper... go back further, way further.

It just doesn't register or come to their mind to look for other way's.(?possibly that have already been done in the past..)

Or come up with something presumably new and lose yourself in it just to discover after that people were doing the exact thing since the beginning of time.

I am talking about a trading strategy or concept imagine it being carved in rock and driven by the sun.

The cycles do not change, the only thing that could change is your understanding of them and this does not come with an indicator or ea.

It's all just layer upon layer.

Try to add something different to it.

ranjdarakram:

Please, I have been searching, trying and using nearly all the indicators since 2010 till today (March 22, 2018).

Till now, there is no any profitable indicator in the whole world about trading in the forex market.

Either lagging, or repainting.

Playing in the market, it is a kind of gambling, or may be worse, since too many fake signals are already there to confuse you.

I would be grateful, if someone one day will invent or discover a true winning indicator.

I am ready to pay 1000 USD for any true indicator with a proof.

Have a nice day

I have about 7 years in trading and have given up on indicators (and day tradings) a long time ago. It's almost impossible to remain profitable longer than a year. I may at times use the ATR just to get a sense of the range using different pairs.....but other than this.......forex, in general, is too volatile. Start focusing on weekly/monthly fundamental strategies rather then what happens day-by-day. Trust me, it a lot less stressful. ATR and a Weekly/Monthly support and resistance indicator should work fine. From my experience, anything else is too much noise.

I think you are making a wrong assumption here:

99% of the people use indicators

99% lose money

So in your mind they lose money  because they use indicators, but that's a non sequitur fallacy, 99% lose money because of

other factors, we have to remember that daytrader is a very new profession, like youtubers, it's not even respected well on

academies, maybe in 20 years these kind of discussions about indicators will be proved true in favor or using indicators.

Indicators are visual representations of numbers, and there are infinite numbers, even between 1 and 0, so you have to test

infinite numbers to prove it doesn't work.

Trading strategy:

Sell (3.77) @ x-price
Sell (2.33) @ x-price 
Sell (1.44) @ x-price
Sell (0.89) @ x-price
Sell (0.55) @ x-price
Sell (0.34) @ x-price
Sell (0.21) @ x-price
Sell (0.13) @ x-price
Sell (0.05) @ x-price
Sell (0.02) @ x-price
Sell (0.01) @ x-price
Sell (0.01) @ x-price 
Buy (0.01) @ x-price
Buy (0.01) @ x-price
Buy (0.02) @ x-price
Buy (0.03) @ x-price
Buy (0.05) @ x-price
Buy (0.13) @ x-price
Buy (0.21) @ x-price
Buy (0.34) @ x-price
Buy (0.55) @ x-price
Buy (0.89) @ x-price
Buy (1.44) @ x-price
Buy (2.33) @ x-price
Buy (3.77) @ x-price

Close when 300 pips are reached from the total of all the positions. 

Mrluck07:

I think you are making a wrong assumption here:

99% of the people use indicators

99% lose money

So in your mind they lose money  because they use indicators, but that's a non sequitur fallacy, 99% lose money because of

other factors, we have to remember that daytrader is a very new profession, like youtubers, it's not even respected well on

academies, maybe in 20 years these kind of discussions about indicators will be proved true in favor or using indicators.

Indicators are visual representations of numbers, and there are infinite numbers, even between 1 and 0, so you have to test

infinite numbers to prove it doesn't work.

Trader is a prehistorical profession :-) Only the technical platform is recent. 

Icham Aidibe:

Trader is a prehistorical profession :-) Only the technical platform is recent. 

Trader yes, but daytrader is a very new profession, we don't even have enough knowledge about it, or great books about daytrading, is a very young field, we are in the discovering time, you can see everybody with a different opinion about how to do it, that shows how new is this

Mrluck07:
Trader yes, but daytrader is a very new profession, we don't even have enough knowledge about it, or great books about daytrading, is a very young field, we are in the discovering time, you can see everybody with a different opinion about how to do it, that shows how new is this

Without me diverging much from the main topic, isn't day trading the same as long term investment except that its short term, in other words looking at small time-frame any chart will behave the same way as in large time-frame .. only for a shorter span

There is no much knowledge differences between both trading patterns except that one ends earlier than the other, both follow same rules of tech analysis 

CrisZind:

Without me diverging much from the main topic, isn't day trading the same as long term investment except that its short term, in other words looking at small time-frame any chart will behave the same way as in large time-frame .. only for a shorter span

There is no much knowledge differences between both trading patterns except that one ends earlier than the other, both follow same rules of tech analysis 

I think is very different, traders who move the markets operate on higher timeframes, daytraders don't move the markets, they only accelerate movements, so you can't apply longer timeframe trader knowledge in daytrader knowledge, but that's only my opinion

Mrluck07:

The funny thing about indicators is: you can't prove they don't work. .

here is a backtest of a free indicator in 1 month

gain : 100 points stop: 100 points

I= win trades

I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I   I   I x  I  I  I  I  I  I  x  x  I  I  x  I  I  I  I  x  I  I  I  I  x  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  I  x  I

42 w

7 losses

85% wins ( it's a semi holy grail)

It's a free indicator, but the secret is the way you interpret and use it. Any indicator depends on the interpretation  on how to use it. That way of thinking is very different from real life, when a car is made to move, a scissor to cut,

indicators are very different, because 2 persons can use the same indicator and use it entirely different

certainly true.how you use indicator will be different for different people and thats the beauty

Reason: