Do not bother yourselves/ Truth is annoying - page 2

Felipe Ponce Aragon:

Dude, 1 or several indicators will not provide a profit. That's normal and ok. It's like me telling here that no chocolate brand will make me profitable in the Forex market, well that's ok. No dog will help me in the Forex market, that's also ok. I have to find a combination of price movement, fundamental information, maybe indicators, and more and more strategies together until I make a profit because that's my job.

Note: Babypips backtested several indicators as standalone. The best: MACD with... only 30% profitable trades.

I use one indicator, my customized M5 MACD. The default  12 and 26 parameters are too short. I use the 9. You have to increase the 12 and 26 parameters to get the M5 MACD to mimic the short term trends that appear every single trading day from the German open to the New York close = 17 hours per day.
This is in the EuroDollar market. Use the same customized parameters on the M15, M30 and H1 to know the inter-day next level trend. 
If you want to make 5% per day, you have to trade the M5. Use 50 leverage and compound 100%. You make your money with compounding 100%, but only once you are profitable daily. That's my 2 cents of advice.
Please note that the market dynamic is different from the German open to the New York close  compared to the Asian session. Hence the complexity of back-testing. Instantaneous massive trend reversals on big news events also renders back-testing in the EuroDollar market very complex and of little interest to me. I don't back-test, I trade - test and optimize.

Mrluck07:
you said to me once that you tested hundreds of EA's, so why didn't you stopped before reaching hundreds? I don't understand it

You looked too deep in the bag.

You are confusing me with someone else.

I never run backtests because backtesting is useless, and that is also what i told you.

Here we go again ...

Both way's work you can put it all in one file but it becomes difficult to navigate on larger projects so then you can make a separate file for every task and include it it's just a matter of personal preference.

If you are embedding other languages it's easier to use includes because then you can keep things separated .

Marco vd Heijden:

Both way's work you can put it all in one file but it becomes difficult to navigate on larger projects so then you can make a separate file for every task and include it it's just a matter of personal preference.

If you are embedding other languages it's easier to use includes because then you can keep things separated .

ok thanks for your answer

ranjdarakram:

Please, I have been searching, trying and using nearly all the indicators since 2010 till today (March 22, 2018).

Till now, there is no any profitable indicator in the whole world about trading in the forex market.

Either lagging, or repainting.

Playing in the market, it is a kind of gambling, or may be worse, since too many fake signals are already there to confuse you.

I would be grateful, if someone one day will invent or discover a true winning indicator.

I am ready to pay 1000 USD for any true indicator with a proof.

Have a nice day

Hi Akram ! 

This is gambling. You can visit the post and download the demo ea, to see clearly than anything else - even repainting/lagging indicators - should be called gambling no longer : they indicate.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

50k dollars a month

Icham Aidibe, 2018.03.23 00:50

T'es un gagnant Serge !  

You can rename it Russian Roulette EA :-)

Not always ... but it happens - not bad, isn't it ?

Finally, you'll find in the market optimizable indicators, because it's true a macd 12*26*9 crossing which worked during 4 weeks may not the month after : there's no magic numbers.

More demo's and useless back tests..... 

It just never ends.

Marco vd Heijden:

More demo's and useless back tests..... 

It just never ends.

It's not a demo nor an useless test, it's a overview of what would give such a strategy in the long term. 

But come on Marco, why you don't rely on the tools ? indicators ? ea ? tester ? 

What do you rely on ?

I just feel like you're desperate. 

It's a useless backtest that exactly tell NOTHING about future performance.

I don't understand why you are using it.

With that high a rating you should know better.

You are just rolling in piles of junk one after the other.

What are you trying to achieve ?

Yes i am desperate, very.

I rely on luck.

Marco vd Heijden:

I don't understand why you are using it.

With that high a rating you should know better.

You are just rolling in piles of junk one after the other.

Yes i am desperate, very.

I'm using it to make my hedging system fool proof : it's the guarantee that it's never about signals, only risk&position management. 

And I made that EA to have an overview on long term of random entries + risk/reward - and i can see it clearly, with only 30%, it's still profitable.

Reason: