MetaTrader 5 not starting on Windows 10 Pro Insider

Hello, please my MetaTrader 5 (5.0.0.1755) setup on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (even on the current version 1803 - OS build 17618.1000) is not starting or working. This is the 64-bit windows and I had MetaTrader 5 64-bit working previously on this OS before my last two updates. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and no success.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Have a blessed day.

Amechi Chukwura:

Hello, please my MetaTrader 5 (5.0.0.1755) setup on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (even on the current version 1803 - OS build 17618.1000) is not starting or working. This is the 64-bit windows and I had MetaTrader 5 64-bit working previously on this OS before my last two updates. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and no success.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Have a blessed day.

Same problem here. It does not run, new or old install the same problem, it crashes as soon as it starts with no message.

Support Team 2018.03.07 17:34

The problem has been found, the fix will be available in the following builds. Unfortunately at the moment we can not say exactly which build will contain this fix. Please wait the news https://www.metatrader5.com/en/releasenotes.

Thank you for reporting the issue and the screenshots provided.

Best regards, MQL5.com Support team

Waiting for Metaquotes  to solve the problem, I found this solution:

start terminal64.exe /portable /skipupdate

of metatrder 5 build 1596

in the forum you can download this version

I have the same problem.

After I installed the Insider update, I first appeared error message 0xc0000005. I uninstalled MetaTrider and then installed it again. Since then, it has behaved the same as you. However, if I perform a new installation, the MQL5 folder is not created, and therefore subfolders Experts, Scripts, Indicators, etc. Therefore, the error probably might be related to file system access.

stefan.babos:

I have the same problem.

After I installed the Insider update, I first appeared error message 0xc0000005. I uninstalled MetaTrider and then installed it again. Since then, it has behaved the same as you. However, if I perform a new installation, the MQL5 folder is not created, and therefore subfolders Experts, Scripts, Indicators, etc. Therefore, the error probably might be related to file system access.

Same problem here... does not work with the latest update (17127.rs4_release.180318-0047). Anybody has a working solution?

Mario Trinchero:
Support Team 2018.03.07 17:34

The problem has been found, the fix will be available in the following builds. Unfortunately at the moment we can not say exactly which build will contain this fix. Please wait the news https://www.metatrader5.com/en/releasenotes.

Thank you for reporting the issue and the screenshots provided.

Best regards, MQL5.com Support team

Waiting for Metaquotes  to solve the problem, I found this solution:

start terminal64.exe /portable /skipupdate

of metatrder 5 build 1596

in the forum you can download this version

I'm still waiting for an updated MT5. I was not able to find older versions in the forum, could you point it for me please. Thanks

Marcelo Plaza:

I'm still waiting for an updated MT5. I was not able to find older versions in the forum, could you point it for me please. Thanks

We installed the Windows 10 1803 RTM version over the weekend - Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17133.1) and have the same issue.

Metaquotes won't be able to resolve this with a "normal" update because you need to start terminal64.exe for the next update to get downloaded, and clearly the exe doesn't run in the first place.

Looks like those of us on Windows 10 1803 will have to update the terminla64.exe/metaeditor64.exe by hand when they release the patches. (Unless Microsoft resolve the compatibility issue in the mean time)

Update : Ticket raised with Service desk

buithang Văn:

Write to the service desk to the developers (the link is on your profile).

Ticket already raised, although pointless as they acknowledged this a month ago and have a fix in testing.

Windows 10 1803 has now hit RTM so this has become more critical

James Cater:

Ticket already raised, although pointless as they acknowledged this a month ago and have a fix in testing.

Windows 10 1803 is now RTM so this issue has become more critical

This promises some big fun once again. Thanks for the information.

James Cater:

Windows 10 1803 has now hit RTM so this has become more critical

New version available 1795 and it fixed the problem.

Reason: