Non-multicurrecy EA problem with Symbol() - error 4106 (unknown symbol name)

Hello, one of my EA users has problems with its initializing and working.
The symbol() function returns the name, but for some reason this name does not work on other functions.
MIN_LOT = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN);

returns no value.

SYMBOL=Symbol();
Print("Attempting to open BUY order on ",SYMBOL,".");
TICKET=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,PARABOLIC_LOT,Ask,SLIPPAGE*XECN,Bid-PARABOLIC_SL*Point*XECN,0,"PARABOLIC_OSCILLATOR",MAGIC_NUMBER,0,clrBlue);

returns this:

I think the underlined difference is the cause of the error - USOIL(£) is interpreted as USOIL(L).
Since the symbol() function can't correctly write the special character "£", how can I help it? or override it?

Since the symbol() function can't correctly write the special character "£", write to the server desk and get it fixed. Who knows what other problems is also hidden.

Did you get a reply to this?

I have the same problem with he pound sign "£" (Unicode decimal code 163) in my EA. When putting for instance EURUSD(£) in a string variable it returns EURUSD(L). I have to use string variables in the OrderSend() function for symbols instead of the predefined Symbol() variable since it is a multi currency EA.

This pound sign is used by the broker IG for their betting accounts.

Jan Flodin: I have the same problem with he pound sign "£"
It's been two years and hasn't been fixed. Service desk isn't taking non-financial problems. Complain to your broker and perhaps switch to a different one.

Did anyone find the solution?

My Customer opened new account by IG Broker and now we cant use our Products.

Tried to "play" with a lot of Functions, but everytime was found some new troubles.

Thank you!

Reason: