NeverQuit's Trading Journal - page 7

This post is to talk about my switch to the daily timeframe. I will continue to trade the lower timeframes during the US session as that is the only session that I can trade without sacraficing time with my family and not screwing up my sleep.

I wake my kids up for school during the US session so I'm able to trade that session with no problems as I will already be awake and their time will be occupied with getting ready for school.

When I'm trading the US session and trading off a lower timeframe, I will continue to trade the EUR/USD pair only as I have been doing in the past. When I'm trading off the daily chart, I will trading any of the five pairs listed below.

EUR/USD

AUD/USD

EUR/JPY

USD/CAD

USD/CHF

I will be using a FXCM Metatrader 4 platform that generates a new daily candle at 4pm PST. So a little after 4pm PST, I will create a post each day outlining my new trades, exisiting trades or anything I feel I want to share.

My trades will be taken live on my Oanda account and also in the FXCM demo account.

I must say that in no way are my trades signals or trade recommendations. They are just my live trades and I use this journal to keep track of everything. Feel free to leave comments.

I will be back in two hours to post if I have any trades or not.

I just wanted to create a post saying that I was able to make a small profit on my intraday trading today. My account is currently sitting at $77.51.

As you can see from my post above, I'm focusing more on trading off the daily charts but will still be trading the US session on the intraday timeframes.

I will no longer trade the Europe session because it does not coincide with me spending time with my family and my sleep habits are getting all screwed up.

This post is to display the trades that I just entered based off the daily chart. The trades that I entered are listed below.

EUR/USD: Long @ 1.3029 / Stop loss @ 1.2778

USD/CAD: Short @ 1.0334 / Stop loss @ 1.0586

USD/CHF: Short @ 0.9394 / Stop loss @ 0.9647

These are not trade signals or recommendations. These are just the trades that I have taken in my live trading account. I will post again at 9pm PST tonight to give an update on how each trade has played out up until that point.

Chat later!

NeverQuit:
Here is my updated post on the progress of my trades thus far. EUR/USD: Long @ 1.3029 / Stop loss @ 1.2778 +1 pipUSD/CAD: Short @ 1.0334 / Stop loss @ 1.0586 +16 pipsUSD/CHF: Short @ 0.9394 / Stop loss @ 0.9647 +5 pips Total: +22 pips I will post another update when I wake up in the morning. Good trading to anybody who will be trading tonight.

I've closed out my trades based off the daily charts...of course right before the took off in my direction (which I never doubted). I'm going to take the remainder of the year off from my trading.

Going to relax from forex a bit and get my mind back together. I will be picking my trading back up at the new year and will begin posting again also.

Have a wonderful holiday season and chat with you all in 2012!

Alright my friends, I'm back with my trading. I've closed out all open positions that I had and will be getting back to the basics.

EUR/USD is the only pair I will trade and I will be trading off the 5min chart.

As of right now my balance is $78.41 and I'm looking forward to growing it one trade at a time.

Chat soon.

Wow. Very amazing and personal journal here. I just came from your weekly journal and thought you had good patience, but it seems you're quite a level-headed and no-games type of trader. You also touched on why I probably won't start trading, which is my family. I've only been married for two years and have a son, but I find myself with so much little "personal time" that I couldn't find a way to justify trading to myself.

This doesn't mean I don't want you to stop, because you're putting in quite a bit of work to make it work for you, so please don't think that. A profit is a profit, and it seems you've kept an account for quite some time.. more that can be said for many others.

I wish you the best luck in 2012, mate!

Hello RyanMatthews,

Thanks fo stopping by this journal also. This is the journal I will be focusing on for the foreseeable future. I took the holiday season off so I'm just getting back into my trading.

One thing about me is, I'm a straight shooter. No need to lie or stretch the truth. I am honest about my account size and everything. I figure so many people lie to make things seem better than they are but I'm not that type of person. I just tell the truth and try to help othes just like people have helped me.

I know I will succeed in this business and if I can help someone else reach their goals just like others helped me, then I will gladly do it.

Visit as often as you can and I will gladly help you.

RyanMatthews:
Wow. Very amazing and personal journal here. I just came from your weekly journal and thought you had good patience, but it seems you're quite a level-headed and no-games type of trader. You also touched on why I probably won't start trading, which is my family. I've only been married for two years and have a son, but I find myself with so much little "personal time" that I couldn't find a way to justify trading to myself. This doesn't mean I don't want you to stop, because you're putting in quite a bit of work to make it work for you, so please don't think that. A profit is a profit, and it seems you've kept an account for quite some time.. more that can be said for many others. I wish you the best luck in 2012, mate!

I took one trade last night and it turned out to be a profitable trade. I made a gain of 2.4% to my trading account.

That trade has my account sitting at $79.86 right now. As of right now I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for a new signal.

I took another trade and it ended in another small profit. My account balance right now is at $79.91

It feels good to get back into my trading after taking some time off. I believe that it was a much needed break so I'm looking forward to building my account consistently from this point forward.

Reason: