Trading on tick charts with MT4 ! - page 11

hmmm are there any tick indicators that can display the rate of data coming in by time? such as tick per second or less than that maybe like tick per .10 or .25 seconds?

Yep, there are some programs able to launch the start every 200 or 300 ms, not less

Try searching for "speedometer" indi's. They might be what you're looking for. How useful such indi's are with an average server connection, I don't know. I really never found a use for them.

I found one, but I dunno where I put it!

Here's every indi containing the word, speed, I have ever saved. I don't have the time to test each one, so be forewarned. Some are mq4, some are ex4, and some may be completely outdated/defunct.

Files:
Speed2.zip  55 kb

R U sure ?

I can understand the spread is not your friend w/ tick chart, but when there is a huge trend, Tick chart allows you to make some profits

RJo:
Here's every indi containing the word, speed, I have ever saved. I don't have the time to test each one, so be forewarned. Some are mq4, some are ex4, and some may be completely outdated/defunct.

Thanks RJo for share

Yep, I agree.

Scalping means, short profits (60% for the brokers 40% for the trader), the spread is against the traders, and the brokers can manipulate when EA are detected.

Also, when there is a huge trend, the spread is growing so fast, it's impossible to open a trade.

i want to look at 70 ticks per bar so..........

Sorry if i'm being dumb but when I put the indicators on price window I realise I have to Change the PostTickData input to 70 ticks in bar but do I need to change anything on the input for the LogTickData indicator? It defaults to 2. (this is the "Override_2_append" value)

Matratus01:
i want to look at 70 ticks per bar so.......... Sorry if i'm being dumb but when I put the indicators on price window I realise I have to Change the PostTickData input to 70 ticks in bar but do I need to change anything on the input for the LogTickData indicator? It defaults to 2. (this is the "Override_2_append" value)

No. LogTickData simply saves each tick to an Excel spreadsheet (csv) file. PostTickData determines how many ticks are called from that file per bar printed on your chart.

Reason: