iPhone + MT4 + Custom indicators

hi all...

is there any other way to combine thoose tree???

need help

no i'm afriad. would be great though.

Sure you can combine them, start the metatrader on your computer, start the custom indicators on the chart. Sit down some one in front of the computer, then take your iPhone and go out. Once you need to check the chart or open the position, you dial the person,s number, he explains you what is happenening on the chart, you take a desicion, explain it to him, he makes it happen. There you go, iPhone trading.

P.S. If you want to do mobile trading, buy a decent communicator not that recreational media center with a telephone in it.

There's a very REAL way to combine those three, but it depends on how much technological tinkering you're willing to do. I've been doing this for a while to access Metatrader while I'm in a different area of the house or my office, but I've been thinking very seriously about setting up a dedicated server so I can access it from anywhere with iPhone. Here's how to do it:

**START with a Jailbroken iPhone which has Installer.app on it. You can Jailbreak 1.1.1, 1.1.2, or 1.1.3 versions (search online for instructions). This is the hardest step, and can take quite a while to get it right, but once you're jailbroken it's golden... Once Installer.app is installed, you need to download VNSea.app for iPhone. This will allow you to log in to your desktop machine remotely and perform actions as if you were sitting in front of the computer.*** This is the step where you have to decide whether it's worth the potential risk of ruining your iPhone, and possibly violating the Apple iPhone End User License Agreement (I refuse to accept any moral responsibility for the consequences of your actions; please check with your attorney and/or clergyman if necessary). While jailbreaking, I've run into several instances where my phone was supposedly "bricked" but I've never had any problems restoring my iPhone to factory-fresh firmware and full functionality after failed attempts to jailbreak. Personally, I didn't let the fear hold me back and it paid off...

1. Mac at home with always-on internet and dedicated I.P. address (work with ISP to get your dedicated I.P. address set up).

2. Set up a free VNC server with password (I use Vine Server on Mac, but there are many Windows versions out there). This allows you to log in from your iPhone using the VNSea.app client.

3. Of course since I'm on a Mac, I have to use Parallels to open Windows and launch MetaTrader.

After all that, simply open VNSea.app on your iPhone, enter your I.P. address and password. Once you're logged in, you can click, right-click, hold down option/alt/ctrl/shift keys, do CTRL-ALT-DELETE, access all F1-F12 keys, click-and-drag, and other stuff. It's really really awesome how functional it is. You can even draw trendlines and Fibo levels with pretty good accuracy using your finger! Place orders, analyze charts, run EAs, and do basically everything you can do from your desk!! Once the iPhone SDK is out and they re-release VNSea.app for sale, I will buy a license and put some good food in the developer's stomach.

Just an update on this.... iPhone 1.1.3 has a WiFi bug that prevents connections to ad-hoc networks (computer-to-computer). This confused me for a few days this week and I was disappointed to have lost my MetaTrader on iPhone. However everything still works perfectly as long as the iPhone and computer are both wirelessly connected to a standard wireless router (NOT a personal network created by your computer). Everything should also still work fine over the Internet via EDGE/WiFi and your dedicated I.P. if you went that route, although your connection will probably be less responsive.

VNSea is still rockin'!!

brian420utah:
Just an update on this.... iPhone 1.1.3 has a WiFi bug that prevents connections to ad-hoc networks (computer-to-computer). This confused me for a few days this week and I was disappointed to have lost my MetaTrader on iPhone. However everything still works perfectly as long as the iPhone and computer are both wirelessly connected to a standard wireless router (NOT a personal network created by your computer). Everything should also still work fine over the Internet via EDGE/WiFi and your dedicated I.P. if you went that route, although your connection will probably be less responsive. VNSea is still rockin'!!

Hi brian420utah.

Your Iphone works fine with VPS? You control all functions of MT4 ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Nume

yes, my iphone works well with a VPS setup (using free VNC server), and ALL functions of MT4 can be controlled as if you were sitting in front of the computer. the only difference is the input interface you're using, which takes a short amount of time to become familiar with. using it over a WiFi connection is best for a fast response from the server. it's a little slow if you have to access it over EDGE, but the functionality and benefits remain the same.

P.S.: If you don't have an iPhone yet, and you're interested in doing this setup, then I would recommend waiting until the release of the 3G iPhone. I regularly access VNC servers from a 3G connection, and it's leaps and bounds faster than EDGE. Quite responsive.

Hi brian420utah, thank you very much for the explination, I was wondering for long time if MT4 will run on iPhone, and that's why I did not get one. What I heard is that the 3G iPhone is coming by the end of June, so I am getting one for sure, knowing that I can have MT4 in it.

I have a question: so when I get the3G iPhone, is the instalation will be the same, what you said above, or I need to dowload something different?

Thank you very much in advance

One thing that should be considered is data encryption. This can be accomplished by setting up an ssh tunnel from the iphone to the host. I am considering getting the 3G and attempting this setup.

Once SSH is setup it is a very effect way of protecting any kind of data that you pass through it.

karaman:
Hi brian420utah, thank you very much for the explination, I was wondering for long time if MT4 will run on iPhone, and that's why I did not get one. What I heard is that the 3G iPhone is coming by the end of June, so I am getting one for sure, knowing that I can have MT4 in it.I have a question: so when I get the3G iPhone, is the instalation will be the same, what you said above, or I need to dowload something different? Thank you very much in advance

MT4 will not run on an iphone unless you can install some emulation onto it. MT4 mobile is for windows mobile based devices. I run it on my LG KS20 phone to keep track of the market, or scalping my micro account for amusement while sitting in a cafe

RebateFX.com:
MT4 will not run on an iphone unless you can install some emulation onto it.

Exactly!

This is simply a "window" into your full-fledged Windows XP workstation at home which is constantly connected to the internet and has the full desktop version of MetaTrader 4 installed on it. You could also use any other broker's platform you choose, or run any other program on your computer. It's basically just a remote desktop program for iPhone.

Reason: