Is it possible to encrypt or protect a .set file?

Hi,

Ive got some .set files that I'd like to share with some colleagues, but I don't want them to see the parameters in them. Is there a way to encrypt/protect the file as it shall only be read by the bot without expose what is in it?

By the way, I'm a noobie, I do not program, but parametrize trading systems.  

Thanks beforehand

David

David Costa: Ive got some .set files that I'd like to share with some colleagues, but I don't want them to see the parameters in them. Is there a way to encrypt/protect the file as it shall only be read by the bot without expose what is in it?By the way, I'm a noobie, I do not program, but parametrize trading systems.  

No, you can't encrypt ".set" files.

However, if the EA is your own (your source code), then you can create your own method for it to read in parameters from an encrypted data file after the EA has started up.

David Costa:

For what you are requesting, it is essential that you know how to program and that you have access to the EA source code.

If you prefer not to learn how to program, you can always hire one in the Freelance section.

https://www.mql5.com/en/job

Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers

Or forget the set file. Set your EAs inputs appropriately and remove the input keyword.

@Fernando Carreiro @Miguel Angel Vico Alba @William Roeder

Thanks y'all for your time. The bot is not mine (its a rental) [text removed by moderator]. Regards from Brazil

Reason: