Profit Generator EA results - page 22

WannaBeATrader:
This is probably a stupid question but here goes. When I have EA attached to charts and running, if I am using a parameter like macd/ ema/ or osma do I need that indicator open and running on the chart for the EA to work properly?

No. If the EA has the indicator it uses then it will do the work, but if you visually want to see what is happening then you can add them to the chart. I personally do not want the indicators added because they just use up additional resources on my computer.

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Hey Holyguy7,

What do you mean by 5bar?

DS

Finally converting over

Hi all,

I've been working with this EA from back when it was FXAnt and I've been working on modifying to do what I think will work. I haven't found that yet, but I have been trying some of your versions on the backtester which I've come to distrust but I don't have anything better for getting an idea of settings.

I'll attach what my cousin and I have done just in case someone wants to test it or maybe some of the ideas we have come up with might spark ideas in some of you. Look at the code have good luck.

Right now I'm testing both the ConservativeAnt EA and ProfitGenerator with s/l 30, t/p 30, longbar 7. In PG I have UseClose set to true with TSact set to 35 and trailing pips set to 5. I'm using version 2.6. I'm interested in trying out the obsolete method a little too, but for now that is what I'm testing.

Thanks everyone for your work

Huhenyo

Also, I don't know if this would be a good idea or not, I tried to implement it but I'm not sure I did it quite right, but in the PG EA it would be nice if when using UseClose the EA would change the s/l to OrderOpenPrice() one the price was a certain distance past it so that you gaurantee that there won't be a loss if the price doesn't move far enough to the SuperClose to start working. I think there are times when the TSact doesn't get hit and you end up losing instead of winning even though there was a profit to at one point. I t might also be a good idea to not only bring the s/l to the OpenPrice but also 1 or 2 pips past it to gaurantee a profit.

just some thoughts.

Chau!

holyguy7:
Since I am the one that started this EA, I guess I will have to give away ONE of my trade secrets. Try demoing these settings for a week and then report back your findings to me.

MIG broker (3 pip spread)

USDCAD, M15 chart

5bar

.6%

25SL

80TP

TSA=5

TS=0

MaxTrades=3

OneTradePerPeriod=true

Hello

Here is 3 days statemnt for USD/CAD

Franc

Franc:
Hello

Here is 3 days statemnt for USD/CAD

Franc

Unfortunately, you had the wrong settings on the MIG account. It appears to only works well on MIG because they have a 3 pip spread on this particular currency pair.

Reason: