Download MetaTrader 5

Dealing with Metatester Manager. PLEASE HELP!

To add comments, please log in or register
Make screenshots in MetaTrader and manage them in the gallery!
Matt Johnson
Matt Johnson 2014.02.05 00:22 
Every time I try downloading an ea from mql5 the "Metatester 5 agents manager" window pops up and I can't seem to do anything that allows me to download the actual ea.  I didn't used to have this problem.  Please help!
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.02.05 00:27  
MattJohnson:
Every time I try downloading an ea from mql5 the "Metatester 5 agents manager" window pops up and I can't seem to do anything that allows me to download the actual ea.  I didn't used to have this problem.  Please help!
Can you describe precisely what you are trying ? Maybe by posting a screenshot ?
Matt Johnson
Matt Johnson 2014.02.05 00:56  
I visit https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/2000.  From this screen I click on download.  It then asks me if I have metatrader 5.  I click on "
yes I have metatrader 5".  It then prompts me for Metatester Agent instead of which version of metatrader I would like to download the ea to.  I can't seem to do whatever it is that I need to do so that I can download an ea or an indicator to metatrader 5.  I had been doing this successfully for a few months now but my computer was wiped out last night so I'm trying to get my system back up again.

Thanks for your help!!
Matt Johnson
Matt Johnson 2014.02.05 01:15  
attached is a screen pic
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.02.05 07:21  

I went to same page, click on 'Download', it asked me if I have Metatrader 5 (I have it) and the path to terminal file in my computer (where to install/place the product to), I downloaded with no problem :

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.02.05 08:08  
MattJohnson:
attached is a screen pic

No "screen pic" attached.

And please don't double post.

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2014.02.05 11:31  
MattJohnson:
attached is a screen pic
Matt Johnson
Matt Johnson 2014.02.05 15:26  

My apolagies.  This is my first time posting... ever.  When I download for mt4 I'm able to get the launch application prompt from windows.  When I do so with mt5 it doesn't pop up.  Does anyone have an idea of how I might change that option in windows 7?

Matt Johnson
Matt Johnson 2014.02.05 19:46  

I found that if I go to Mozilla Tools - Options - Applications - I can change the settings of MT5 files so I don't have the above problem anymore. 

However, now that I can download the EA to MT5 I keep getting "initializing of EA failed"  Any ideas?  I've reinstalled MT5 a few times.  Did that create a complication? 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.02.05 20:12  

That is strange ... I attached this EA to the chart with "Allow DLL", and without "Allow DLL" - not a problem at all :

You can check in Experts tab - may be - some pair does not exist in Market Watch? Expert tab is here :

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.02.05 20:15  
MattJohnson:

I found that if I go to Mozilla Tools - Options - Applications - I can change the settings of MT5 files so I don't have the above problem anymore. 

However, now that I can download the EA to MT5 I keep getting "initializing of EA failed"  Any ideas?  I've reinstalled MT5 a few times.  Did that create a complication? 

Why have we to assure support of commercial products ? Ask to the Seller.
To add comments, please log in or register