[MQL5 VPS] What if the EA needs symbols listed in Market Watch to operate?

I'm reading the rules regarding the use of MQL5 VPS to run my EAs.

When it comes to what are the things that are going to be migrated to the VPS upon synchronization, I cannot find a statement mentioning about "Symbols in [Market Watch]".

Unfortunately, my EA needs all symbols listed in Market Watch to execute trades/orders. Then, it comes to my question:

Does the MQL5 VPS also support the migration of all symbols listed in [Market Watch] on the local terminal upon synchronization?

Thank you very much for any answer and input information! :)

You are migrating the charts and the EAs attached on the charts.
And dll is not allowed (means: if your EA is using dll on some way so EA will not work on MQL5 VPS).

It is all that I know about it sorry.

Mr Thithanan Sarojpaponpat:

I'm reading the rules regarding the use of MQL5 VPS to run my EAs.

When it comes to what are the things that are going to be migrated to the VPS upon synchronization, I cannot find a statement mentioning about "Symbols in [Market Watch]".

Unfortunately, my EA needs all symbols listed in Market Watch to execute trades/orders. Then, it comes to my question:

Thank you very much for any answer and input information! :)

You can make your EA load a Symbol into market watch. I cannot verify if this also applies to VPS, but I would assume.

Here is the function, you are looking for:

Sergey Golubev #:
You are migrating the charts and the EAs attached on the charts.
And dll is not allowed (means: if your EA is using dll on some way so EA will not work on MQL5 VPS).

It is all that I know about it sorry.

Thank you for your reply!

I think I might not be clear writing down a question. Truly sorry for that.

Let me paraphrase my inquiry:

When I select symbols to shown on [Market Watch], will these symbols be also migrated/synced to the MQL VPS as well so that my EA can select them to analyze and trade on that virtual terminal?

Thank you very much! :)

Dominik Christian Egert #:
You can make your EA load a Symbol into market watch. I cannot verify if this also applies to VPS, but I would assume.

Here is the function, you are looking for:

Thank you very much for your answer!

That's helpful and gives me some information :)

However, I think I am not clear about the question and I have to truly apologize.

What I would like to ask is that:

When I select symbols to shown on [Market Watch], will these symbols be also migrated/synced to the MQL VPS as well so that my EA can select them to analyze and trade on that virtual terminal?

Thank you very much again! :)

What about trying it yourself with a demo account and the free VPS trial for 24h  - and let us know :)

Take a multi currency ea like this one: https://www.mql5.com/de/code/14940

Make sure that only the chart window of EURCHF (it is not part of the traded symbol) is opened and all other Symbols are hidden.

Start the EA on the EURCHF chart, migrate, and watch what will happen.

Multicurrency Expert
Multicurrency Expert
  • www.mql5.com
Ein Multi-Currency (10 Währungspaare) Expert Advisor der keine Indikatoren verwendet.

Carl Schreiber #:

What about trying it out with a demo account and the free VPS trial for 24h  - and let us know :)

Take a multi currency ea like this one: https://www.mql5.com/de/code/14940

Make sure that only the chart window of EURCHF (it is not part of the traded symbol) is opened and all other Symbols are hidden.

Start the EA on the EURCHF chart, migrate, and watch what will happen.

Oh! Thank you very much for your suggestion~

That's very helpful! Let me try this and see the result :)

Thank you again! :)

Mr Thithanan Sarojpaponpat #:

Oh! Thank you very much for your suggestion~

That's very helpful! Let me try this and see the result :)

Thank you again! :)

But wait for Monday until the market will open again an free trial period on Sunday won't help you !!

Carl Schreiber #:
But wait for Monday until the market will open again an free trial period on Sunday won't help you !!

Right~ That's a good point! :)

Reason: