Compiling EA: Why it becomes write protected?

I have only been coding EA's for about 5 years now. I have never experienced this problem until I just got the new build on metatrader. It stops letting me compile my EA after I am close to finishing it. It tells me that it is write protected. I try to use the one of two options and overwrite it but it tells me I am not allowed to do this. So my platform highjacks my work and tells me I do not have access to my work and can not change it. Anyone else having this problem or having the correct solution?

KeithBunge:
I have only been coding EA's for about 5 years now. I have never experienced this problem until I just got the new build on metatrader. It stops letting me compile my EA after I am close to finishing it. It tells me that it is write protected. I try to use the one of two options and overwrite it but it tells me I am not allowed to do this. So my platform highjacks my work and tells me I do not have access to my work and can not change it. Anyone else having this problem or having the correct solution?
Did you change the file name ?

Yes I did and it would not let me compile or copy it to notepad. Now getting a message on my computer that metatrader is not working right. Have downloaded it 5 times to try to get it right.

KeithBunge:
Yes I did and it would not let me compile or copy it to notepad. Now getting a message on my computer that metatrader is not working right. Have downloaded it 5 times to try to get it right.

Why do you want to copy it to notepad ? Sorry but your issue is not clear.

It's very difficult to help you without details. What's do you mean by " a message on my computer that metatrader is not working right" ?

Try to start MT4 as Administrator and start Metaeditor from MT4, check if this solves your "write protected" thing. You might have copied the file as Administrator and run the Metaeditor as normal user. Just suggestion. angevoyageur is right, with details and screenshoots problems could be solved much faster.
Reason: