Mt5 update causes EA to fail?

I was using an EA perfectly fine before the latest mt update about 3 weeks ago and now it keeps giving me a "failed with code -1" error. 

Nobody else in my telegram group seems to have this issue so I don't know what's going on. I've tried reinstalling mt5 twice now but still nothing. Any suggestions? 

Twatticus Maximus:

I was using an EA perfectly fine before the latest mt update about 3 weeks ago and now it keeps giving me a "failed with code -1" error. 

Nobody else in my telegram group seems to have this issue so I don't know what's going on. I've tried reinstalling mt5 twice now but still nothing. Any suggestions? 

Make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account with your twatticusmaximus login and not any other, email, facebook etc. then delete your EA and install it again.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account with your twatticusmaximus login and not any other, email, facebook etc. then delete your EA and install it againYep, did that but still nothing

Yep, did that but still nothing. The EA loads on the chart and allows me to set up settings etc. I set it to run, it appears in navigator and corner of chart for about 3 seconds then boom, disappears and fail with -1 error. Never had a problem with it until the update then it just kind of all went wrong... 

Twatticus Maximus:

Yep, did that but still nothing. The EA loads on the chart and allows me to set up settings etc. I set it to run, it appears in navigator and corner of chart for about 3 seconds then boom, disappears and fail with -1 error. Never had a problem with it until the update then it just kind of all went wrong... 

Then your EA has a problem, after some last update of MT5 your EA needs update.

Contact the author/seller.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Then your EA has a problem, after some last update of MT5 your EA needs update.

Contact the author/seller.

I have the same issue...i think it comes from the VPS as i tried to install it on another VPS and it works fine. Also if i run it on my desktop PC it works also. Might be something with memory ...using cheap VPS...I cant figure it out.

atyxxl87 #:

I have the same issue...i think it comes from the VPS as i tried to install it on another VPS and it works fine. Also if i run it on my desktop PC it works also. Might be something with memory ...using cheap VPS...I cant figure it out.

Examine the Journal tab log in your MT4/5 Terminal/Toolbox window for any messages or errors.

It's worth noting that some VPS providers, such as Zomro, may be blocked by MQL5.com for security reasons.

Reason: