MUST CHECK! Most Advance Economic Calendar for Forex - page 9

Thanks for reporting, tasse. It's a known issue. Firefox 2.0.0.2 (the latest) introduced new code that breaks our javascript. Today's update will solve this issue.

Calendar and mini forecast are now updated! Check em out!

Note: Your browser may display weird layout, as old files were cached. It'll be automatically back to normal in a couple of hours.

scorpion:
Tomorrow updates to the calendar:* New: Click the day on the calendar to go to events of that day instantly.* New: Improved usability with new look.* New: Navigation links to next and previous month.* Fix: Firefox 2.0.2 had problems rendering ajaxed contents.* Fix: Timezone of Alpari was DST adjusted.Tomorrow updates to mini forecast:* New: Include the volatility and direction widgets, and possibly forecast/actual widgets as well.* Fix: Internet Explorer's cookie issue.

The only reason I don't like daylight-saving is that it breaks financial applications and particularly our economic calendar. You can see duplicate events all over the place. I'll have to clean this mess up (hope not twice every year!).

This is an odd year that US starts DST earlier (due to global warming?). As a result, computer systems around the world have experienced the impact equivalent to that of Y2K. Any software unprepared to the change will be broken like our economic calendar. Alarm will go off an hour late. Video recorder will record wrong programs. Bomb goes off an hour earlier which can kill bomb squad unaware of DST. Traders will be confused when US session starts irregularly.

Clock shifts disrupt sleep patterns, and correlate with decreased economic efficiency. Researchers estimated in 2000 that the daylight saving effect implies a one day loss of $31 billion on the NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ alone.

Just uploaded hot update to the calendar. It now loads much faster (around three times as fast) and displays DST-adjusted events correctly.

Hi Scorp,

I'm new to the site but the Economic Calendar looks a great tool. Looking back through the threads I saw a few weeeks ago you said you were going to post strategies on how to use the Calendar. Is there information anywhere on how to trade with it? Also I thought about backtesting the forecasts. As you go back in time through the calandar do the forecasts stay the same or do they change wehen the actual results are announced? Congratulations again on some great work!

The forecasts stay the same before and after the news, unless once a while I improve the forecast algorithm.

I've wrote a simple system "Make Easy Pips with Economic Calendar" in trading system forums. Check it out

lol on your previous comments about bomb squad. That was hilarious. Thanks for what you do and provide Scorpion!!

BP

cant i put this calender to my site? how?

you can make use of the script

i am new here and i will like to know much of you guys on how you can help improve my trade.thanks

Reason: