MUST CHECK! Most Advance Economic Calendar for Forex - page 11

DooMGuarD:
hido you have this calendar in a XML file?for make indicator on MT4... i read the xml and display in chart the news...

Sorry for late reply. We can't provide the data in XML due to the license restrictions.

May I have your attention please... DST has come into effect this month (March) around the world, but different countries have their different policies regarding when and how to change the clock. Some move 1 hour forward, some 2 hours forward and some in the southern hemisphere actually moves backward. What a mess!

If you use the economic calendar, please keep in mind that the some events might actually take place one hour earlier. Therefore, if the calendar is telling you "Next 4h", you should expect to check next 3 hours first before the 4th hour.

i will definately try it

scorpion:
Sorry for late reply. We can't provide the data in XML due to the license restrictions.

well... thanks...

Thank you,this calendar is very good!

great calender bro thanks

hi everyone, am new in this forum, pls can anyone give me detailed explaination on how to use the advanced economic calender? thanks

How far the economic calender affect your trading ? If you are trading only in 24 hrs period...do u use it

? It doesn't make any sense.

Hi all, newb to forex here! Been studying a lot, just running a quick test on the economic calendar for all our benefit! Only where the main pair affected is EURUSD, and only when the direction is stated (if someone can help me out with the ones without direction it would be appreciated. I assumed it goes either way for the number of pips?) just for this month folks!

say with 1:1 stop losses, following signals generated from the calendar have worked:

enter exactly at time of news i.e. 13.30 news enter at the 13.30 candle open

GMT!!

today, 26th June 09

13.30 +30, went to +41

15.30 +30, went to +65

25th June 09

13.30 +50, went to +81

24th June

13.30 +30, went to +160

19th June

7.00 +30, came in at 16.00, was 1 pip away from being stopped out during the day!

18th June

13.30 +50, went to +98

15.30 overlapped with 13.30, perhaps made stronger?

17th

10.00 -30

13.30 overlapped with

13.30 +50, went to +114

16th

10.00 -30, went to +20 max

probably because conflicted with this:

10.00 -50, went to +47 BUT two signals at 10.00 conflicting! therefore no trade

13.30 +30, went to +57

14.15 -80! overlap with 13.30, but seems to have been crushed! went to +75ish, nonetheless. but took a v long time

15th

13.30 +30, went to +110 at least!

12th

11.00 +50, went down to +97 max!

13.30 +30, went +58

15.00 +30, did go to +44 (before never going near it again )

11th

13.30 +50, went to +150 and something i forgot, say +111ish

15.30 +30, went to +110

10th

7.00 +30, went to +71

13.30 +50, went to +150

9th

07.00 +30, max +60

11.00 +50, went to +224 or +268 after ranging then higher high

5th

13.30 straight to -80! any reason?? i notice it didnt quite meet the forecast by err 200k hehe

4th

10.00 +30 went +118

13.30 +50 went +105

13.30 -30... didnt go in our favour at all, but obviously conflicts with previous.. how to tackle?

3rd

15.00 -30 went +15... forecast wasn't as expected

2nd

10.00 +50, then +168

1st

13.30 -30, went +15

Wow well I have learnt a lot! Pretty self-explanatory, but scorpion, bro, you rock! Nothin but love...

Could you clarify a couple minor things for me?

Do you, and others here regularly trade in this fashion? Also, does the "actual" result come as soon as the news is released so we know whether to exit early? I.e. before stop is reached?

Many thanks from London!

Hello Sim, very nice results you have posted. I admitted I missed those trades, as I was occupied with all the website development works. Too bad I could have made like hundreds of pips this month.

Some important data releases (on the 5th for example), the market reacts to the other direction as the actual data released is the totally different from their initial expectation.

Ok, let me answer some of your question:

>>>> Do you, and others here regularly trade in this fashion?

Yes many people use the calendar to trade regularly. Since the calendar is released (for years), the same people still visit the calendar and use it on regular basis. However, most of them keep mum on what kind of systems they are using. One thing is for sure, they are making a lot of pips with the calendar. Otherwise, why would they stick to the calendar for years? And whenever, the calendar goes down for a day, I get all the report emails from the users that have never communicated with me before.

>>> Does the "actual" result come as soon as the news is released so we know whether to exit early?

The actual data is not updated until several hours after the release. That's admittedly one of the limitations of our calendar. Some important news (the Employment Situation report) is way to fast to react even if you have the actual data as soon as it's released. The market reaction to certain news is just too fast that the actual data release may become irrelevant.

Thanks for the post. I hope you stick around and update the results as you trade. Many others choose not to talk anything. I don't know what they're thinking.

Reason: