Anyone written a dll for MT4?

The reason why I'm asking this is sadly I've now resigned to the fact that I will, in good time, not be able to use the mt3api. As such I would be grateful if anyone can offer some help with this.

On another note, I've been using a number of strategies that I've picked up from various places and modified slightly and have proved very succesful over the last few months.

EMA breakout

-----------------

For Long:

Create channel using EMA(34) on high and EMA(34) on low. At the end of each candle, if the prev candle's close is inside the channel and the current close is above the EMA(34) high, go long IFF (CCI(x) > 100 AND MACD hist > () + threshold))

Simple SAR

--------------

for long:

just use parabolic sar with standard parameters and go long/short when the position flips AND CCI(x) > 100

This works extremely well due to the fact that the filtering via macd and cci help decrease the number of losing trades and the fact that I've employed a dynamic chandelier exit strategy based on age of trade

Thanks for sharing your strategies, sccz97.

Sadly, there's no dll for mt4 yet, nuff said. The hope for one in the future is already diminished, as metaquotes confirmed again and again. They force everyone to migrate to mql4. I don't mind if the scripting language is perfect, but it's no where practical in automation. I don't care anymore (and it's no use to beg MQ), because mt4 will always be a charting software for demo traders. For real trading side, Oanda is an ideal replacement. You should check the documents and samples out at fxtrade.oanda.com/fxtrade/api/index.shtml

IFF (CCI(x) > 100 AND MACD hist > () + threshold))

It seems you missed something inside (). And SELL signal??

scorpion:
Thanks for sharing your strategies, sccz97. Sadly, there's no dll for mt4 yet, nuff said. The hope for one in the future is already diminished, as metaquotes confirmed again and again. They force everyone to migrate to mql4. I don't mind if the scripting language is perfect, but it's no where practical in automation. I don't care anymore (and it's no use to beg MQ), because mt4 will always be a charting software for demo traders. For real trading side, Oanda is an ideal replacement. You should check the documents and samples out at fxtrade.oanda.com/fxtrade/api/index.shtml It seems you missed something inside (). And SELL signal??

that sohudl been 0 instead of ()

The sell signal is just the opposite. Are you sure about the dll's not available? I though i saw some examples somewhere a while ago ...

There is ExpertSample.dll in ...\MetaTrader 4\experts\samples\libraries

It's not api dll anyway. Maybe you can use it?

i think maybe I'l jjust give up on MT ... was handy having all the indicators there but I'm using smartquant now and they have everything I need apart from parabolic sar so looks like a full move to ib is the only way

Do you have to open up the TWS and have it sit on desktop all the time or not ? (https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/interfaceComparison.php?ib_entity=llc)

IB and Smart Quant .Net to my best of knowledge are optimized for stocks and futures trading. The term forex is somewhat vague in their community.

yes you need to have tws open at the same time for the api to work ... a little strange but I guess it was eaiser for them to use tws as a conduit rather than allow the api to make calls directly to the server.

IBs forex offering (ideal pro) is actually pretty good. The range of xrates is decent and the spreads are competetive. I haven't seen what they're like during fast markets yet though. I only use smartquant fo the built in indicator and the graphs, less hasle for me to write my own charting plugin.

You might also want to check out https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.efxgroup.com. The liquidity is supposedly extermely high with up to 10 large market makers providing liquidity. Furthemore, they don't trade against their clients and also as they are ib for mbtrading, there will soon be api right down to fix level

If the tws is open all time, then can you use the ibs api to connect to multiple accounts programatically at the same time or not?

Efxgroup looks cool, but i'm confused with a statement "23 hour trading day". Maybe this is a bad typo or what?

scorpion:
If the tws is open all time, then can you use the ibs api to connect to multiple accounts programatically at the same time or not? Efxgroup looks cool, but i'm confused with a statement "23 hour trading day". Maybe this is a bad typo or what?

I'm not 100% sure if you can connet to multiple accounts. Easy to test though. The 23 hours thing is prob not a typo ... like ibfx they usually do maintenance at night .... which tbh isnt' a big deal. asian session is hardly volatile enough to warrant that extra hour but it will mean you might have to get your app to put close stops to all open positions just in case smthing happens during that hour. I@ll be chekcing efx over the next couple of weks to see how it pans out but so far it looks ideal so long as the api comes out soon. The spreads on eur and jpy are mostly 1 pip during eur and us session and cable is 2-3 pips. Also, once the api is up and running ... you'll have access to level 2 data via the api as well. All in all .. it's pretty sweet

"23 hour trading" means one thing: either the broker is small or not knowledgable or both. There're certain server administrations that make maintanance during any hour without disruption to end-users possible. Just cluster a group of back-end servers with 1-IP dynamic DNS routing then 24h/5 serving is very possible. They can simply close the transactions book and compute the earnings once a week like major brokers do.

Everything else like api is sooo sweet! I'm looking forward to the great offer

I found the link of their trading platform as well as the planned api. It's MB trading written in VB.

Reason: