A high-tech SME scam. Trader = victim? - page 8

Alexey Navoykov:

1. I've also had cases where I forgot to close, despite warnings, and then spent the whole night in agony, thinking that I was a fool! Now they're going to fine you a couple of kopecks... But then it turned out that they had closed the position themselves the day before.But then it turned out that they themselves had closed the position the day before. And once, I even really got caught up in a delivery, but they somehow managed to solve it. But you'd better not play with fire; technically they don't have to babysit you.

2. this is something new. aren't you confused?

3. Do you have confirmation of this?

4. Of course I do, that's what I'm telling you. But for some reason you are proceeding from this very belief in your posts.

1. Rather, if you are given a fine, it is your broker's attempt to make money off you. IB is an American broker. One of the biggest, most reputable and decent ones... They have everything by the law.

2. Yes, absolutely right. On SWOT you can open and close positions through the platform. No problem. You can find the confirmation by going to the IB website and opening an order on the TWS demo platform. Everything works like on a real account. Only the quotes are not real.

3. about the pit, there is a film on youtube about traders who traded in the pit. How difficult it was for them to accept the new trading technologies. I don't remember the title, but it's not hard to find...

4. Just made a typo, then corrected it (see above) . Liquidity and volatility are independent of each other. imho

Реter Konow:

1. Rather, if you are given a penalty, it is an attempt by your broker to make money off you. IB is an American broker. One of the biggest, most reputable and decent ones perhaps... They have everything according to the law.

Broker has nothing to do with it at all. It's the exchange that levies the fine.

2. Yes, absolutely right. On SWOT, you can open and close positions through the platform. No problem. Confirmation can be found by going to the IB website and opening an order on the TWS demo platform. Everything works like on a real account. Only the quotes are not real.

The orders are also not real if you are not aware ) This is not serious.

Liquidity and volatility do not depend on each other. imho

Ok, let's keep it as your imho ) Keep making up your theories

Alexey Busygin:
Silently take everything and count it in order, dividing the volumes into 4 components
What does "all" mean exactly? The visible volumes in the glass?

Alexey Navoykov:
"all" - what exactly is that? Visible volumes in the glass?
All are all the signals being received

Textbook - SecuritiesMarket. Author - G.V.Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics. 1996 г.

p. 286 Chapter 19.4 "Peculiarities of Clearing and Settlement in the Futures Contract Market".

This chapter describes in details the main features of clearing and settlement on the futures market.

1. The clearing and settlement house becomes a party to each concluded and registered contract.

2. the process of guaranteeing performance of concluded transactions is organised differently than on the stock and bond market - on margin (collateral).

Chapter 19.5 discusses the clearing and settlement risks associated with unscrupulous traders who fail or delay to honour contracts, pay debts, or simply become insolvent.

Further, the authors give an example of several models and mechanisms (systems) of market trading that eliminate the risks associated with defaulting traders.

"The simplest way is to create a system where delivery of securities and cash payment take place within the same organisation, e.g. a central bank, a depository and clearing system, a stock exchange. In such a mechanism, it is relatively easy to control the simultaneity of counter entries in cash and securities accounts."

Further:

"The challenge for the organizers of stock market infrastructure is to find an acceptable compromise between the reliability of the system and its scale. Exchanges and clearing organisations can set different limits on participants' transactions."

"Novation - executing trades against a clearing organisation rather than in pairs - provides an opportunity to technically concentrate risk management in a single centre."

"The existence of a large external guarantor who assumes the coverage of losses in the event of non-performance of transactions or guarantees the provision of credit to participants or the clearing organisation for the purpose of covering losses or lending to a temporarily insolvent member of the system. Thus the risks of a chain of defaults are not simply reallocated within the circle of market participants, but are partially removed from the market participants and transferred to an external guarantor. In doing so, the guarantor has the right to impose its own requirements on the design of the stock market system in order to protect itself against taking unnecessary risks through these requirements. An external guarantor can be a consortium of large banks or financial companies. However, the most reliable option is to involve an appropriate central bank as guarantor."

Chapter 19.6, "Prospects for the Development of Clearing and Settlement Systems" further discusses the challenges of developing securities market clearing systems.

" 1. Reducing the cost of clearing and settlement transactions per trade.

2. Speeding up the clearing and settlement process and reduce the time it takes to carry out these operations.

3. internationalisation of clearing and settlement, reducing the timing of these transactions.

4. Dematerialise securities.

5. Transition to electronic trading of shares, bonds and futures.

6. Unification of settlement periods on the world securities market.".

Reminder - the book was published in 1996.

"The central link in the entire transaction procedure is clearing. It is the design of the system responsible for the clearing procedure which largely determines the face of the stock market itself. Apart from the clearing procedure itself, a clearing organisation may also be responsible for other, related stages of a transaction, namely reconciliation, performance of depository functions, and organisation of cash settlements."

"Reconciliation of on-exchange trades is usually performed by the exchange itself."

"Execution of transactions both in the settlement system and in the MICEX's depository is carried out against the exchange itself using the novation method, i.e. funds (securities) are debited from debtors' accounts to an internal MICEX intermediate account and then transferred to creditors from that intermediate account."

There! If the trades are made against the exchange itself (novation), then it is a party to the transaction. So if a participant loses, his money is transferred from his account, to the exchange's account by the exchange itself.

The exchange has the number of open positions equal to the number of open positions of trade participants. This means it has its own current balance of positions. To avoid the exchange falling into deficit, the exchange needs to move the price against the positions of the majority of players, towards the positions of a minority of players.

Alexey Busygin:
These are all the signals we're getting.
Now some signals are suddenly popping up... What are you talking about anyway?

Реter Konow:
"Execution of transactions both in the settlement system and in the MICEX's depository is done against the exchange itself using the novation method, i.e. funds (securities) are debited from debtors' accounts to an internal MICEX intermediate account and then transferred to creditors from that intermediate account."

There! If the trades are made against the exchange itself (novation), then it is a party to the transaction. So, if a participant loses, his money is transferred from his account, to the exchange's account by the exchange itself.

Only you do not distort the meaning. It says aboutexecution of deals (i.e. purely technical side of the issue), and not that "deals are executed against the exchange". The deal is concluded between two participants, and nothing else.

Alexey Navoykov:

Just don't distort the meaning. It says theexecution of trades (i.e. the purely technical side of the issue), not that "trades are executed against the exchange" at all. The deal is between two parties, and nothing else.

Read the quotes more carefully. Transactions are carried out against the exchange. That is the essence of the novation principle.

Bringing the parties together is much more labour-intensive and fraught with many risks, delays and low efficiency of the trade organisation.

This is what the textbook talks about. (Almost directly).

Реter Konow:

I wonder if it is possible to imprison a computer program if it uses all the data submitted to it.)))

And who is going to check - the government, which receives constant income from the corporation? Honest officials?

To punish someone small for insider trading - of course, but do not punish the officials of the feeding hand and themselves for wanting a nice and rich life ... And here is such a trough...

Do we have to go on a diet and deprive ourselves of additional income? Well, I don't believe it. Yet we are living in the real world, not in a fairy tale. The law works for those who make it.

He who stands at the centre of the infrastructure earns the most.

Price regulation is market manipulation. Who profits from it? - The one who manipulates. The state. The bureaucrats. Corporations.

Of course!

In the U.S., for example, the justice system is set up so that this is a real possibility!

How about this law, in one of the STATES.

You can't walk on the right side of the street with a crocodile on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, but you can walk on the left side of the street.

So there was actually a case of a crocodile offence on the right-hand side of the street on a weekday.

But on Tuesday the crocodile had a massage and on Friday the owner went with the crocodile only to the lake - he didn't go anywhere on Sundays! That's why the law clearly states even the days of the week!

i.e. the law is case law, and the laws are case law.

So for sure - you can be sure - they will put the programme away!

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Of course!

In the US, for example, the justice system is set up in such a way that it is realistic!

How about this law, in one of the STATES.

You can't walk with a crocodile on the right side of the street on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, but you can walk on the left side.

So there was actually a case of a crocodile offence on the right-hand side of the street on a weekday.

But on Tuesday the crocodile had a massage and on Friday the owner and the crocodile only went to the lake - he didn't go out on Sundays!

i.e. the law is case law, the laws are case law.

So for sure - they will put the programme away !

Well, america is the land of opportunity. Even very stupid opportunities...)))
Reason: