Filtering

Hello everyone,

I need some help in this, I tried one way with the Moving Average to filter out some bad moves, but this can probably be resolved another way I just can't think of anything right now. Everything is explained in the picture attached.

Thank you in advance

There are three possible causes:

1. Those might be killer whipsaws, the biggest enemy of any system. I used to hear someone at moneytec.com said "If I could filter whipsaws, I would be a millionaire." Anyway, for fxfisherman's systems I use "Time and Economic" filter as I believe in the marriage of fundamental and technical indicators.

2. Those might be errors in the expert, because the crossover checking in MT Expert is improperly coded, as I've analysed. The only solution is to create new, better crossover checking mechanism in MT expert.

3. Those might be caused by setting the crossing line of entry at 0. The workaround is to shift the buy crossing line to 1 and the sell crossing line to -1 (try some variations). I've attached the modified version of your expert for you. I removed two junks parameters (risk and mm) and added the crossover levels.

Good luck!

Files:

And MA cannot help, I think. It helps you filter out the losses, but also filter out the winnings.

Thanks scorpion!

You were mentioning "Time and Economic" what is that? is that something related to the strength signal that if a certain value crosses then CCI is allowed to open/close a trade?

I'm interested in knowing more about this

If you wanna know more, read this thread (/go?link=http://www.moneytec.com/forums/) where I've talked some points on "Timing and Economic".

Reason: