New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1065 - page 2

Alain Verleyen:

Yes it's the case. Metaquotes can force an update but that's not the rule. So build 1065 will be available to brokers, which will decide if and when they push it. There is also a system to "split" the workload, so not all terminals are updated at this same time.

Once the update is downloaded it will be apply to all terminal, if you accept it (UAC enabled), or you delete the update.

Thanks for clarifying

Alain Verleyen:

Yes it's the case. Metaquotes can probably force an update but that's not the rule. [...]

I thought that brokers could control what was pushed to existing users, but could not control what new installations get? If you run the MT4 installer, it always grabs whatever the latest released version is, from the MetaQuotes CDN, bypassing whatever the broker is pushing out.

Hopefully, they fixed the issue where the debugger closes at random.

user3822:
Hopefully, they fixed the issue where the debugger closes at random.

You can test this yourself on you own terminal. Quote form the support team earlier today...

"Clients can update their terminal regardless of brokers, they just need to open demo account on MetaQuotes-Demo server. Eventually, all brokers will update to the newest build."

I think you can do this directly from within your Broker terminal too by just searching for MetaQuotes at the end of the list of available servers when creating a demo account

JC:
I thought that brokers could control what was pushed to existing users, but could not control what new installations get? If you run the MT4 installer, it always grabs whatever the latest released version is, from the MetaQuotes CDN, bypassing whatever the broker is pushing out.

This is not an update in this case.

I am not sure about that, I will check, did you ?

UPDATE: I checked and you are right, in case of new installation it installs the latest release.

Alain Verleyen:

This is not an update in this case.

I am not sure about that, I will check, did you ?

UPDATE: I checked and you are right, in case of new installation it installs the latest release.

Did you do this on a PC that did not have the 1065 update already installed?

Alain Verleyen:

I will check, did you ?

My statement wasn't really a question. I only phrased the first half as a question because I don't like arguing with moderators.

JC:
My statement wasn't really a question. I only phrased the first half as a question because I don't like arguing with moderators.
There is no problem. Thanks for the clarification.

James Cater:
Did you do this on a PC that did not have the 1065 update already installed?
I removed the previous 1065 files before of course ;-)

I've just restarted my terminals on our live VPS and both FXCM and Vantage are prompting for platform upgrades, so looks like 1065 is going live now

Reason: