Experiments ... - page 43

mladen:

A bit of a story first :

there is a family of ema of ema of ema indicators. Like dema (ema of ema), tema (ema of ema of ema) ... and so on - simplified explanation, but close to what is done. Then, decema (as a special case of that ema of ema of ema ... was made. Then I made nema that was able to do that all depending on calculating depth. Now, this is an experiment ...

This version allows to use average different than ema. In this version you can use the 4 basic average types. I kept the name, but if the average different than ema is used, it is becoming something unknown till now

As a rule of thumb :

• depth 1 : ema, sma, smma or lwma (depending on the average type)
  • depth 2 : dema, sma of sma, smma of smma, lwma of lwma (or whatever name we use)
  • and so on

Results are interesting for lwma and smma. Sma is tending to overshoot

Dearest MLADEN

I tried a bit with depth 4 with average method LW,period nema 70 (yellow/magenta) and depth 4 average method expo period nema 70 (blue/orange) ....... do i assume it "QUAD/QUADRUPLE EMA" ?

as an first request i hope for HA latest prices :)

regards

Dearest MLADEN

One more curiosity,in given picture blue/orange color line is from zerolag nema and yellow magenta from nema general ..... all 2 with same attributes but result are more different ...... do i assume this NEMA GENERAL is different (in calculation and result wise) than to all previous versions of nema .

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

One more curiosity,in given picture blue/orange color line is from zerolag nema and yellow magenta from nema general ..... all 2 with same attributes but result are more different ...... do i assume this NEMA GENERAL is different (in calculation and result wise) than to all previous versions of nema .

regards

mntiwana

Nema general is different

mladen:

mntiwana

Nema general is different

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for early response , yes Nema general is different and super digester :)

what are the exact parameters for quadruple ema (QEMA) within nema general ..... if depth 4 with average method exponential with any periods and or price will be "qema" ?

my second question is about applying different averages other than EMA (for now-4 basic) ... if there is possibility/capacity for adding some more specific kind averages ?

regards

------------------------ 

mntiwana:

Dear mntiwana.

Thank you i am very grateful you have given me the courage to keep going on.

i learn everyday here. 

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for early response , yes Nema general is different and super digester :)

what are the exact parameters for quadruple ema (QEMA) within nema general ..... if depth 4 with average method exponential with any periods and or price will be "qema" ?

my second question is about applying different averages other than EMA (for now-4 basic) ... if there is possibility/capacity for adding some more specific kind averages ?

regards

mntiwana

I don't know to what "qema" are you comparing the values to, but I doubt that it calculates the values the same way as nema. That is probably the reason why they will not be the same

mladen:

mntiwana

I don't know to what "qema" are you comparing the values to, but I doubt that it calculates the values the same way as nema. That is probably the reason why they will not be the same

DEarest MLADEN

I am simply asking the Qema within Nema general,

(single ema=ema , double ema=dema , triple ema=tema , quadruple ema=qema)

it might be i understood some thing wrong,plz correct me.how qema is created/illustrated from within nema general,only i want know how to form qema from this of your nema general .......... as for different results,it is never a matter,of course your new nema general is calculated/coded different way so results must be differ.

sorry for bothering you repeatedly.

regards

mntiwana:

DEarest MLADEN

I am simply asking the Qema within Nema general,

(single ema=ema , double ema=dema , triple ema=tema , quadruple ema=qema)

it might be i understood some thing wrong,plz correct me.how qema is created/illustrated from within nema general,only i want know how to form qema from this of your nema general .......... as for different results,it is never a matter,of course your new nema general is calculated/coded different way so results must be differ.

sorry for bothering you repeatedly.

regards

mntiwana

There were some people making what they called "qema" (if I am not mistaken it was posted in the mql library too), but that "qema" is not the same as nema with calculating depth 4. That is why I told that if you wish to use something that follows the logic of ema, dema, tema, ... nema (using the Pascal's triangle for coefficients) then nema should be used

mladen:

mntiwana

There were some people making what they called "qema" (if I am not mistaken it was posted in the mql library too), but that "qema" is not the same as nema with calculating depth 4. That is why I told that if you wish to use something that follows the logic of ema, dema, tema, ... nema (using the Pascal's triangle for coefficients) then nema should be used

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for explained answer.

If there any chance experimenting nema general in Ocean NMAs series indicator in place tema,in that way we can have a lot of variation of NMAs (other than depth .... sma,ema,smma or lwma averages can be applied and experimented)

regards

Reason: