Trendline copier on multiple charts of same pair

Hey guys

I was wondering if their was an indicator or EA that would copy a trendline on multiple charts if drawn on one.

example, if i drew a line on a eurusd 1 hour it would come up at the same level on all other instances and time frames of eurusd

thanks

Why don't you make a template with a trend line included in it?

techmac:
Why don't you make a template with a trend line included in it?

trendlines chance with price, the template would be static, this would be dynamic

metal30:
trendlines chance with price, the template would be static, this would be dynamic

Here is a trend line copier (it is an indicator) : trend_line_copier.mq4

You have to specify an exact name of the trend line - the rest is done by the indicator. If you change anything on the trend line it will automatically be changed at the copies too

Files:

kopiuj_obj.mq4

thanks mladen,

was snooping around the net and found this SCRIPT, works pretty well you just have to keep dropping the script every time you add or remove a TL fib or whatever

Files:

metal30:
kopiuj_obj.mq4

thanks mladen,

was snooping around the net and found this SCRIPT, works pretty well you just have to keep dropping the script every time you add or remove a TL fib or whatever

For the one I attached, it is "set it and forget it" (just one parameter - the name to monitor) and it allows any trend line name usage - it is more flexible, but use the one you find easier to use

Mladen Rakic:

Here is a trend line copier (it is an indicator) : trend_line_copier.mq4

You have to specify an exact name of the trend line - the rest is done by the indicator. If you change anything on the trend line it will automatically be changed at the copies too

hi mladen, i tried the indicator but it makes trend line copies on all open charts even other symbols. i studied as best i could but i don't know the simple adjustment to the code

grrbear: , i tried the indicator but it makes trend line copies on all open charts even other symbols. i studied as best i could but i don't know the simple adjustment to the code

The code specifically tests for only the current symbol. There is nothing to adjust.

if (current!=skip && ChartSymbol(symbol)==symbol)

Your problem is else where. Like if you change the symbol of a chart, before deleting the line, they will be are replicated on the new symbol.

whroeder1:

The code specifically tests for only the current symbol. There is nothing to adjust.

Your problem is else where. Like if you change the symbol of a chart, before deleting the line, they will be are replicated on the new symbol.

thanks for the response. i  want to have a trend line paint on charts of the same symbol, but it paints duplicates on all open charts of all symbols. so i want a duplicate on just the usdcad charts and it works fine, ie i designate a name in the indi and draw the line and name it accordingly and it immediately  appears on the other usdcad charts, but i look on the other open charts of other symbols and the trend line of the same name has been copied there as well

is this how it should operate? please forgive me if i am asking too much

Mladen Rakic:

For the one I attached, it is "set it and forget it" (just one parameter - the name to monitor) and it allows any trend line name usage - it is more flexible, but use the one you find easier to use

Hello,

Could you make the indicator look for a part of the trend line name instead of the exact name?

The trend lines that I need to be copied have the same prefix but different numbers at the end of their names.

Ahmad Walid:

Hello,

Could you make the indicator look for a part of the trend line name instead of the exact name?

The trend lines that I need to be copied have the same prefix but different numbers at the end of their names.

void OnReadObj()
  {
//---
   int     total; 
  string obj_name; 
  double obj_PriceStart=0;
  double obj_PriceEnd=0;
  string SearchStringName="LINE12-";

total=ObjectsTotal();
     for(int i=0;i<total;i++)
       {
       obj_name=ObjectName(i);
        if(ObjectType( obj_name)==OBJ_TREND &&  (StringFind(obj_name,SearchStringName,0)!=-1))
        {

obj_PriceStart=NormalizeDouble(ObjectGet(obj_name, OBJPROP_PRICE1),Digits);
        obj_PriceEnd=NormalizeDouble(ObjectGet(obj_name, OBJPROP_PRICE2),Digits);

Print("Obj Name ",obj_name," Start Price=",obj_PriceStart," End Price=",obj_PriceEnd);

}

} 
 }      
Reason: