"No loss" recovery hedging system - page 2

@techmac: yes indeed, I already know that, I'm so sorry for you guys. Here in Europe hedging is not a problem, I do it all the time... and I think there a many people from Europe on this forum.

coensio:
@techmac: yes indeed, I already know that, I'm so sorry for you guys. Here in Europe hedging is not a problem, I do it all the time... and I think there a many people from Europe on this forum.

Yep. They are telling that it is done in order to protect the traders. My guess : they are protecting brokers

Just as promised, here is the updated version of my EA with added "TrailingTarget" option:

Link to the EA:

CoensioRecoveryEaV02.ex4

Link to the manual:

CoensioRecoveryEaV02.pdf

Greets,

Chris

techmac:
Chris What nbtrading was trying to tell you that US residents can not use that EA. They are obliged by the law to use US regulated brokers, and US forex brokers regulations prohibit single symbol hedging (among other things)

You can hedge if you trade with a bank like Citi. You can contact them to confirm. They verified this the last time I contacted them about a year ago.

Those are quite contradicting statements...and the truth is.... ?? please share a link to some reliable source of information

FYI: One of the testers found a little glitch in the EA, it will not trade on some brokers that do not fully support MARKET_INFO functionality. It is fixed now, please re-download and make sure you are testing V02 (Build 13) or above.

Hi Guys,

Since I'm receiving many emails with many questions regarding the operation of this EA and I cannot answer all of them, I've made a short video. Please watch it and see how the system is using hedging to recover from a losing trade.

Greets,

Chris

Thanks for the video, it makes the ea better understood.

One symbol hedging is just another variation of martingaling (differnet overall closing rues, all the rest is the same, including the risk)

techmac:
One symbol hedging is just another variation of martingaling (differnet overall closing rues, all the rest is the same, including the risk)

Yes! That's is true, however the two big differences are: the required recovery lot size and chance of successful recovery. During the hedging of the same symbol the required lot sizes are not always increasing! Furthermore, when martingaling there is a chance of losing all of your deposit (since market can go in one direction and never come back). Using hedging, in worst worst case scenario (where system is not more able of opening new trades), you will only lose a (big or small) part of your balance.

I still think its a much better way than martingale. It is risky, that for sure, but when doing it right it really can be a profitable way to go.

Hello Chris

Can you elaborate how you can achieve the part about lowering your exit points at each point.

What logic are you using to achieve this.

Are you increasing the lot sizes even more compared to the prototype to achieve this?

thank you

Reason: